It could be worse....we could root for the Browns

KD in CA

I read a great stat this morning. The Browns have scored one offensive TD in their last nine regular season games. Let that sink in for a minute....

Fortunately, they have an endless QB rodeo to keep the fans entertained. Time to go back to the other guy:

Another QB shuffle in Cleveland

No doubt that is a franchise that is a mess. They show there is a fine line between being medocre and being really bad. Not unlike Buffalo they have made bets on key players that have just not worked well. As bad as they are now keep in mind this is a team that has beaten the Bills two years in a row.

I am more convinced by looking at their situation ad the Bills situation that coaching, quarterbacking and defense are the deal makers or breakers in the NFL. I suppose many would argue that line play is also critical. D-line for sure but a so-so o-line can be made more effective with better QB and a good o-line can be made to look really bad with a bad QB - long way of saying o-line is impacted by the play of the QB.

I would say the Raiders would be the worst to be a fan of. The Lions and the Browns would be worse than the Bills lately. The Bengal and the Cardinals until recently. But the relentless mediocrity alone will eventually catch up with the shorter term atrocity of those teams.

not a raider fan at all. but werent they in a superbowl a few years back. plus they made it to championship game (i think) a year before that.

i would have to say that the lion fans have it really bad. the best thing has been barry sanders and that was a long time ago. albeit we are not too far back...

honestly we are in a tough division. where would we be in the afc west? probably #1 or # 2 every year. oh well, thats wishful thinking.

by the way thats why i wouldnt mind the bills moving to la. :thumbsup:

honestly we are in a tough division. where would we be in the afc west? probably #1 or # 2 every year. oh well, thats wishful thinking.

After getting 1 or 2 in the AFC West we'd lose to any decent team in the playoffs (at least 23 of 25 times, anyway).

It's true that the Raiders were a good team not too long ago, but they have fallen very hard. And having Russell, a #1 overall pick, be horrible and regressing, and Al embarrassing himself year after year, is far worse than what is going on in Buffalo.

After getting 1 or 2 in the AFC West we'd lose to any decent team in the playoffs (at least 23 of 25 times, anyway).

It's true that the Raiders were a good team not too long ago, but they have fallen very hard. And having Russell, a #1 overall pick, be horrible and regressing, and Al embarrassing himself year after year, is far worse than what is going on in Buffalo.

i never said bills were worse than raiders. i said lions would be worse from all 32 teams imo.

I read a great stat this morning. The Browns have scored one offensive TD in their last nine regular season games. Let that sink in for a minute....

Fortunately, they have an endless QB rodeo to keep the fans entertained. Time to go back to the other guy:

Another QB shuffle in Cleveland

..."The NFLPA has filed a formal grievance over Mangini fining a player $1,701 for not paying a hotel for a $3 bottle of water."

Well, Thou shalt not steal... :thumbsup:

Anderson getting the start is good news for CIN. IIRC, the last time he played them, he tossed 3 picks.

And there are almost always picks in a CIN-CLE game. Their uniforms' various color combinations are so close. I've seen years of QBs on either club making making terrific throws right into defender's arms.

If CIN can, they should wear their orange popsicle suits (orange jerseys and pants). Gawd, they are horrible. The only contrast is those black fungus stripes on their helmets.

EDIT:

Last years' pickfest total was 8...five flung by the Browneyes and three by the Ohio River Candy Stripers (a.k.a. the ORCS).

Edited by stuckincincy