Starting Defensive Backfield?

Got_Wood

I'm reading rumors that he'll actually play a lot at safety this week. He's been practicing there the last couple days I guess.

Yeah, it's been announce he been moved back to safety for at least this week. He's going to look like a monster back there. Ted Ginn will probably pee his pants.

It's starting to look like:

FS: Byrd

SS: Harris (or is it Wilson?)

LCB: McGee

RCB: Florence

The safety spot is scary. The corners don't scare me at all. Actually I think Florence is a better corner than McKelvin.

"Depth is a great thing, until you have to use it." Marv Levy

Yeah, it's been announce he been moved back to safety for at least this week. He's going to look like a monster back there. Ted Ginn will probably pee his pants.

There's a reason Harris was moved to LB in the pros. And it's got nothing to do with his size, but rather his lack of speed.

Harris as safety at combine

He ran a 4.85 40 at the combine. I don't know of many DB's that run that slow and play the position, even if they're in the box. Harris may play close to the LOS, but he's an absolute liability in coverage.

I love JW on STs. On the defense, not so much. He would probably bite on every play action.

That would be Kelsay. But I love that we are getting a hard hitting playmaker on the field, this team needs more of that. Scott is good and I like him because he makes plays. But as far as speed goes I dont think Harris is any slower than Scoot. 40 times maybe, but in pads no. Maybe Ellison will get hurt soon and Harris can play LB. If thats what it takes to get the ballers on teh field than I hate to say it but I want some injuries. Hell it took injuries to get Dick to play Freddie, Greer, McKelvin, Corner, S. Johnson, Florence........

There's a reason Harris was moved to LB in the pros. And it's got nothing to do with his size, but rather his lack of speed.

He ran a 4.85 40 at the combine. I don't know of many DB's that run that slow and play the position, even if they're in the box. Harris may play close to the LOS, but he's an absolute liability in coverage.

Rodney Harrison

Harris is much faster playing football than he is running a 40 yard sprint

That is 100% false. He has experience covering great WRs in space in college (guys who are now NFL recievers). He is a rookie yes, but he could in no way possible be worse than Ellison.

That's OK. They'll cover the speed guys with a LB. And, some people will think I'm kidding. :thumbsup:

That is 100% false. He has experience covering great WRs in space in college (guys who are now NFL recievers). He is a rookie yes, but he could in no way possible be worse than Ellison.

That wouldn't be from the same source that said, "Langston Walker will be perfectly fine at LT," would it?

Wait have the Bills released anyone for Marshawn?
Chris Brown mentioned in his blog that they asked the NFL for a 3 day roster exemption for Lynch. That means they'll have to cut somebody on Thursday. I'm guessing Jenkins, since he was the one who was cut the last time they needed a spot.

If Harris does play, they will probably sub someone in for him on obvious passing downs (like an extra corner).

I don't think it really matters who starts at the positions deeper than LB, because any NFL team who's seen the tape on the Bills' first three games won't bother throwing any deeper than New England did and they'll make their QB the Player of the Day. Because our Linebackers can't cover worth a :thumbsup: