Olympics

finknottle

It'll be Rio. ;)

:nana:

I have been saying that since the get go... First time the games in S. America is a big factor!

:D:wallbash:

It will still be an hour ahead of Eastern time... So that is good thing for US TV... Negates the advantage Chicago had with Central Time, IMO

Poor Chicago... Kinda like the Cubs in the playoffs! :lol::lol:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have like to see Chicago but I knew the voting was gonna be tough... The way they do it. Chicago could have been eliminated by one vote ove say Madrid. I have no doubt that the first round was the biggest hurdle, if they would have got past, they may have won.

Kinda like a 5 game series in the first round of the MLB playoffs... Put any team in there and anything can happen... Why I don't like WildCard teams in baseball. The season is the playoff... Just as the whole bid is for the games.

:D:wallbash:

WoW!! Chicago was eliminated.

That's a little embarrassing.

I can't believe how wrong I was about this. Why in the hell do you risk all the criticism if it's not in the bag? I mean, they couldn't even beat out Madrid.

Obama really is the Dick Jauron of presidents.

I can't believe how wrong I was about this. Why in the hell do you risk all the criticism if it's not in the bag? I mean, they couldn't even beat out Madrid.

Obama really is the Dick Jauron of presidents.

I wouldn't be suprised that the appearance of BO lobbying for the games to be in Chicago hurt the bid. I know that some of the other European nations didn't like it when Blair did, and I was reading somewhere that Sarkozy didn't like the idea that BO was doing the same this year.

Well, we do know this, it certainly didn't help, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be suprised that the appearance of BO lobbying for the games to be in Chicago hurt the bid. I know that some of the other European nations didn't like it when Blair did, and I was reading somewhere that Sarkozy didn't like the idea that BO was doing the same this year.

Well, we do know this, it certainly didn't help, that's for sure.

I just read that the US got the least number of votes. How is that even possible? It's just mind-boggling to me.

Note: Tip of the hat to EII and Eryn. I was just too naive to think that in the face of all the problems facing the US, particularly on a day when everyone KNEW the unemployment rate would tick up a bit, that he would go after this thing if it wasn't in the bag. Absolutely baffling to me.

I just read that the US got the least number of votes. How is that even possible? It's just mind-boggling to me.

Note: Tip of the hat to EII and Eryn. I was just too naive to think that in the face of all the problems facing the US, particularly on a day when everyone KNEW the unemployment rate would tick up a bit, that he would go after this thing if it wasn't in the bag. Absolutely baffling to me.

Someone on the WH staff is going to get fired for this. Instead of obama saying " Let the games begin" it'll be "Let the firings begin" :D:wallbash::nana::lol:

........so much for that HUGE sacrifice, eh michelle!!

I think Obama's presence has been great and even losing the Chicago bid there is a sliver lining... It shows that we can be gracious in defeat and that we don't have to dominate.

I feared that if Chciago won the bid, it would look worse.

This is a very positive thing for US relations.

Nice spin... Aye? :D

Not to Eryn and me... We understood HOW they voted. Chicago may have been out by one vote... Maybe an anti-American vote. Those votes tend to get muted in later rounds.

:D

The Big O probably didn't apologize enough in the speech. I am sure the US needed to apologize to the IOC for something and since he's apologized for everything else in his first 180 days, they felt slighted.

Maybe they wanted reparations for the 1980 olympic fiasco from Jimmy.

Our country sucks

We have not been good for world peace

Our country is imperialistic

We do not listen to other countries concerns

We are an arrogant country

We/I apologize for our countries past actions

Oh, by the way Chicago is the greatest city in the world deserving of the Olympics. It must be because I lived there

Today, The five rings of the Olympics stand for this:

Olympics

Obama B.

Obama M.

Opra

Out!!!!!!

It must be because all those racists Europeans could not vote with Obama "The One".

What a joke this guy is. He stuck his neck out and it got chopped off in the first round. The O magic is no more. The plane has reached altitude as is now in a free fall.

What is this, a third grade spelling bee? 'Great try'?????

Is this the nation that we've become? Great try?

Should I have said thank you for helping? I am failing to see your problem with what I posted.

And now on to the classless responses from a few on the right...

Just minutes after the news broke, RedState's Erick Erickson took glee in Chicago - and, by extension, Obama's - rejection.

"Hahahahaha," he wrote. "I thought the world would love us more now that Bush was gone. I thought if we whored ourselves out to our enemies, great things would happen. Apparently not. So Obama's pimped us to every two bit thug and dictator in the world, made promises to half the Olympic committee, and they did not even kiss him."

Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, meanwhile, wrote that the news effectively ended the Obama campaign motto of "Yes We Can" by dawning in a new slogan: "No, You Can't."

"This is a big win and a massive relief for taxpayers," she wrote. "But Chicago cronies are not going to take this well. Gird your loins."

Should I have said thank you for helping? I am failing to see your problem with what I posted.

And now on to the classless responses from a few on the right...

Just minutes after the news broke, RedState's Erick Erickson took glee in Chicago - and, by extension, Obama's - rejection.

"Hahahahaha," he wrote. "I thought the world would love us more now that Bush was gone. I thought if we whored ourselves out to our enemies, great things would happen. Apparently not. So Obama's pimped us to every two bit thug and dictator in the world, made promises to half the Olympic committee, and they did not even kiss him."

Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, meanwhile, wrote that the news effectively ended the Obama campaign motto of "Yes We Can" by dawning in a new slogan: "No, You Can't."

"This is a big win and a massive relief for taxpayers," she wrote. "But Chicago cronies are not going to take this well. Gird your loins."

And any minute now Chris Matthews will suggest the Olympic committee is racist, and is responsible for the beating death of honor student Derrion Albert.

It plays both ways. Always has, always will.

And any minute now Chris Matthews will suggest the Olympic committee is racist, and is responsible for the beating death of honor student Derrion Albert.

It plays both ways. Always has, always will.

Give me a break on the racist part.