Olympics

finknottle

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying. Dear Leader certainly has MANY friends in low places in Chicago. I'm sure a lot of pockets would be handsomely lined with taxpayer dollars to build the facilities for the Olympics.

I am sure they will. :worthy::rolleyes: What a crock of crap.

keep turning your head the other way little drummer boy, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it hurts any less when you're getting anally pillaged

No, he's not. He's one of the ones that gets taken care of. Union boy.

keep turning your head the other way little drummer boy, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it hurts any less when you're getting anally pillaged

And just because there was some link a while ago doesn't mean EVERYTHING is related to it. Tool.

Oh my, Obama wants the Pope to come visit Chicago. Damn, must be those Chicago politics.

And yeah, Tom... us pro-union people are taken care of very well. Moron.

Just saying. Dear Leader certainly has MANY friends in low places in Chicago. I'm sure a lot of pockets would be handsomely lined with taxpayer dollars to build the facilities for the Olympics.

I heard Dennis Miller last night saying he thought Chicago was the perfect place to host the Olympics because all the right people are in place to make it happen. Rezco has the land, William Ayers could be in charge of opening ceremony fireworks detonation and Rev. Wright could do the opening prayers. :rolleyes:

I heard Dennis Miller last night saying he thought Chicago was the perfect place to host the Olympics because all the right people are in place to make it happen. Rezco has the land, William Ayers could be in charge of opening ceremony fireworks detonation and Rev. Wright could do the opening prayers. :worthy:

That's funny. To bad you're the only person still watching Dennis Miller. :rolleyes:

Tony Blair did the same thing obama's doing. London got the 2012 Olympics with the help of his speaking to the election committees.

http://www.london2012.com/news/media-relea...-2012-olymp.php

.........though I did read an article yesterday that said this would be the last time presidents and such will have that chance to have an ear with the decision makers.

Tony Blair did the same thing obama's doing. London got the 2012 Olympics with the help of his speaking to the election committees.

http://www.london2012.com/news/media-relea...-2012-olymp.php

.........though I did read an article yesterday that said this would be the last time presidents and such will have that chance to have an ear with the decision makers.

Damn that Tony Blair!!! Damn him to hellllllllllllll :rolleyes:

I heard Dennis Miller last night saying he thought Chicago was the perfect place to host the Olympics because all the right people are in place to make it happen. Rezco has the land, William Ayers could be in charge of opening ceremony fireworks detonation and Rev. Wright could do the opening prayers. :rolleyes:

.......and Jessie Jackson son's with their distribution business's can handle all the drinks for everyone.

In other words you had a sense of National Pride in sports. Ok. Sure the mayor of the city can and has been making the push for the Olympics... what is the problem with Michelle Obama helping out? What is the problem with the President taking a few days to help out as well. Use some of his popularity around the world to help out? Nothing is wrong with that. Nothing at all.

And yes, I feel as though if another city was in the remaining few he would do the same for them. Not everything has to have some sort of evil backroom dealing going on. ie: People stating he's only doing this to help those who helped him get into office - corrupt Chicago politics.

Sure because that's a total impossibility. I'm a bit more cynical than that and when dealing with politicians cynicism should be in the forefront of the populace.

Damn that Tony Blair!!! Damn him to hellllllllllllll :rolleyes:

3 things.

1. I agree with another poster in this thread that said had it been another city, obama wouldn't be going.

2. Chicago wont be getting the 2016 Olympics.

3. You're still an idiot.

3 things.

1. I agree with another poster in this thread that said had it been another city, obama wouldn't be going.

3. You're still an idiot.

1. I believe he would support ANY city in the U.S. After all it would be the Olympics in the U.S. while he is President.

2. Based on what?

3. Again, based on what? The fact that I disagree with people who find negativity in everything the President does?

Not to argue, but he wouldn't be going over there if this wasn't in the bag. It's a done deal. He has too many things going wrong right now due to a lack of experience running anything beyond a campaign, that he simply can not politically afford to do this if it wasn't a slam dunk. Though I agree with the point from the Time article; when they get it, and the corruption becomes rampant, he'll be tied to that garbage.

Not to argue, but he wouldn't be going over there if this wasn't in the bag. It's a done deal. He has too many things going wrong right now due to a lack of experience running anything beyond a campaign, that he simply can not politically afford to do this if it wasn't a slam dunk. Though I agree with the point from the Time article; when they get it, and the corruption becomes rampant, he'll be tied to that garbage.

And that would be sad.

1. I believe he would support ANY city in the U.S. After all it would be the Olympics in the U.S. while he is President.

2. Based on what?

3. Again, based on what? The fact that I disagree with people who find negativity in everything the President does?

1. It my opinion. Plus we'll never know anyway.

2. Its a guess. I think Rio or Tokyo gets it.

3. Re-read all your posts. They overwhelmingly point to that as being fact.

..shouldn't you be emptying trash cans at the plant for 35 bucks an hour right now?

Its a 'Sacrifice" to travel to Europe? Are you fuuucccking kidding me???

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...s-62928957.html

One of the many hilarious comments from below the article :rolleyes: :

Christa Cooper

Sep 30, 2009

Pardon me if I observe that getting a custom-made designer outfit, flying to Denmark on the presidential plane, staying in a fancy hotel and wining and dining with the IOC is not exactly "sacrifice." I also don't think that Chicago getting the Olympics is going to cause all of those fat children to get physically fit. What I DO think is that Valerie Jarrett and other cronies are probably going to get very rich from real estate development.

Because Chicago is the union capital of the world. Just try hanging a velcroed sign on a 10x10 pop-up booth at McCormick Place by yourself for some obscure home improvement convention. Just try it.

Now imagine the Olympics.

So you would prefer the games to be in:

1. A polluted stinking city: Tokyo... Bejing Redux... Will there be a national handout like they give their automakers?

2. A crime riddled city like no other on the planet that has one of the biggest difeerences between rich and poor: Rio... Why don't they just have the games in Kabul.

3. A city that is the duping capital of the world: Madrid... See also Spain, nice games/competition that will be.

Your hate for Obama has even gone before national pride and patriotism... Now the "evil unions." :rolleyes::worthy: Is there anything that you can stand that you don't feel superior over? Ya, the city and unions in Chicago are far superior to you and other places. Learn to love it.

1. It my opinion. Plus we'll never know anyway.

2. Its a guess. I think Rio or Tokyo gets it.

3. Re-read all your posts. They overwhelmingly point to that as being fact.

..shouldn't you be emptying trash cans at the plant for 35 bucks an hour right now?

2. I think the biggest competition is Rio.

3. Yeah, and your posts are amazing.

emptying trash cans... nice. Statements like that make it easy for me to believe that you really know nothing and talk out your butt.