Olympics

finknottle

When I worked at ATF that had full cable available throughout the building. At the Ford Congressional building they have about 2 dozen tvs on the wall in the lunch room, turned to usually to CNN, but they have full cable in there and I've seen other things like soap opera running on a tv in the corner on occasion.

Government dollars at work. :wallbash:

Ya I can only dream... I get dirty looks asking for a pair of gloves to do my work... I gotta pull teeth when it is time to get steel toe shoes and safety glasses/rain-cold weather gear. Management gets a clothing allotment yet become tight wads with the guys actually doing the work and getting their clothes dirty/destroyed! :wallbash:B-)

I guess it depends on the agency. I can't see how any agency can justify cable TV.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice!

:P

I was just wondering how they get the cable channels and if their company pays for it in the lunchrooms? Or do the workers all have to chip in. I was trying to work on getting a dish with the guys at work and have everybody chip in monthly to pay the bill.

For my (american based) company , the lunchroom serves as waiting/welcome room for visitors too, so the company takes care of the TV bill

I was just wondering how they get the cable channels and if their company pays for it in the lunchrooms? Or do the workers all have to chip in. I was trying to work on getting a dish with the guys at work and have everybody chip in monthly to pay the bill.

When I worked at the County, we would go in the Emergency Operations Center for lunch when it wasn't in use and watch there, they had at least basic cable channels. Three TV's there.