Olympics

finknottle

Most of the things in that moonie/loonie paper are.

Retard.

What's the circulation on that bad boy maalox.....2700....oh sorry, 2701. :devil:

I think the Washington Times has a pretty respectable circulation, actually.

God only knows why. Maybe there's just a lot of bird owners in DC... :devil:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Washington Times has a pretty respectable circulation, actually.

God only knows why. Maybe there's just a lot of bird owners in DC... :devil:

Though I haven't been there in four years I've spent an appreciable amount of time in metro DC (in-laws), walking around, going to museums, restaurants, Nats games, riding the Metro..etc. I don't think I ever saw anybody reading the Washington Times on any occasion...save for myself. I never saw a sold-out Washington Times box or an empty rack at a newsstand.

I think it's fairly obvious the paper is pretty heavily subsidized by fringe balls and wing nut groups.

But don't believe me...you live there. Observe for yourself. Let me know what you find out.

He was going to source MSNBC or NY Times, but they just keep waiting to see what everyone else reports before they deem it newsworthy.

Why not? Both of your examples are infinitely more mainstream and widespread than the Washington Times. I guess you are trying to give examples of what today's conservative mind deems to be "left" in terms of media but sheesh...why didn't he just cite USA today instead of embarrasing himself with the Moonie Times link? Washington Times?!? Wasn't that the only paper Ronnie Ray-gun would read?

Literacy for conservatives.

Though I haven't been there in four years I've spent an appreciable amount of time in metro DC (in-laws), walking around, going to museums, restaurants, Nats games, riding the Metro..etc. I don't think I ever saw anybody reading the Washington Times on any occasion...save for myself. I never saw a sold-out Washington Times box or an empty rack at a newsstand.

I think it's fairly obvious the paper is pretty heavily subsidized by fringe balls and wing nut groups.

But don't believe me...you live there. Observe for yourself. Let me know what you find out.

I subscribe to both the Times and the Post, and find the Times the better newspaper. In a nutshell, both have slanted editorial stands, neither of which I am in agreement with across the board. The key difference between the two IMO is that I find the actual Times reporting to be more neutral, whereas I think the Posts reporting has become politicized over the last decade. In short, Times reporters go after stories wherever they are - even those that embarrass Republicans. The Post reporters write opinion pieces wrapped in whatever news fits.

Here is a comparison of today's front page stories:

Washington Post:

Lead: "The Battle of Wanat" (A ground-level investigative journalism series on Afghanistan, neutral. No real news content.)

"US Losing Gound on Preventable Deaths" (Strongly pro-Health Care reform)

"Gates Wants Leaders War Advice Kept Private" (Pro-Administration)

"In Michigan, a Yellow Light for Green Jobs" (Despite title, neutral on green jobs prospects and more accurately a puff piece for the governor)

"Identity Crisis Accompanies Va Family's Financial Slide" (Story about an engineer that lost his job and now his family lives in a shelter - no actual content.)

Washington Times:

Lead: "Scowcroft lauds Obama's Diplomacy" (Neutral to positive for the Administration)

"Pakistan improves position to fight terrorists" (Neutral, informative.)

"Backers of Climate Bill quit Chamber" (ie Apple and a few others quit the Chamber of Commerce business group over its opposition. Neutral but embarrassing to the Right.)

"Sotomayor makes her voice heard on First Day" (Neutral account of the new SC cases. Sotomayor is just a teaser - she's only mentioned in the first two sentences.)

"Rangel rakes in cash during island rum scrum" (Anti-Rangel investigative journalism about a new story; his biggest donors outside of NY are in the Carribean, where he is currently presiding over a contentious rewriting of their liqour tax laws).

"At 96, Virginia Woman becomes hit book author" (Non-political story about a new writer - no actual content.)

I'll let you compare these stories side-by-side. For myself, I find that it is the Times that is delivering the news, both good and bad. The Post is serving up opinion.

Why not? Both of your examples are infinitely more mainstream and widespread than the Washington Times. I guess you are trying to give examples of what today's conservative mind deems to be "left" in terms of media but sheesh...why didn't he just cite USA today instead of embarrasing himself with the Moonie Times link? Washington Times?!? Wasn't that the only paper Ronnie Ray-gun would read?

Circulation has never equaled quality in any endeavor. I guess Microsoft produces the bestest friggin' technology because they're bigger than everyone else. Pretty much every print news organization in this country blows. Blowing a little less is still blowing.

Your hypocrisy is off the charts.

If I was really going to give you what a conservative mind considers "left" in terms of media, I would offer up CNN, who is so ridiculously in the bag for Obama that they actually decided

on a Saturday Night Live bit mocking Obama.

Really? We're fact-checking SNL now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I was really going to give you what a conservative mind considers "left" in terms of media, I would offer up CNN, who is so ridiculously in the bag for Obama that they actually decided
on a Saturday Night Live bit mocking Obama.

Really? We're fact-checking SNL now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's just ridiculous.

:lol:

:lol:

It's worse than ridiculous. It's embarrassing, and if CNN was near as clever as they think they are, they'd remember that it's not a stretch to assume that maybe, just maybe, SNL will elevate that embarrassment by doing a Weekend Update spoof on these idiots.

It's worse than ridiculous. It's embarrassing, and if CNN was near as clever as they think they are, they'd remember that it's not a stretch to assume that maybe, just maybe, SNL will elevate that embarrassment by doing a Weekend Update spoof on these idiots.

Now That would be funny.

:beer:

If you think that's ridiculous, can you please explain THIS to me?

School kids gathering on the set of CNN singing about Obama, health care reform, taking a shot at Joe Wilson, and complaining about the long lines at the doctor's office. Yes, I watched the whole thing, and threw up in my mouth a little.

What in the hell is going on these days? Jesus.

If you think that's ridiculous, can you please explain THIS to me?

School kids gathering on the set of CNN singing about Obama, health care reform, taking a shot at Joe Wilson, and complaining about the long lines at the doctor's office. Yes, I watched the whole thing, and threw up in my mouth a little.

What in the hell is going on these days? Jesus.

First off...do they even know what they're singing about?

Second...that's not news, that's an "America's Got Talent" outtake. WHY THE !@#$ IS THIS ON CNN????? :beer: