Olympics

finknottle

Listen, No one who thinks rationally disputes the Olympics debacle being anything of real importance, but did you really just suggest that the US made progress with the Iranian government? :):wub:

Hey, we're having high-level diplomatic talks with Iran for the first time since...well, last year.

I mean, that's a success...right? :bag:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/o...e-big-mistake/#

"The U.S. president made a big and historic mistake,"

ya, I guess this time it's different....

United Nations inspectors will visit Iran's recently disclosed nuclear power plant on October 25, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency announced Sunday from Tehran. "It is important for us to send out inspectors to do comprehensive verification ... to assure ourselves that it is ... fit for peaceful purposes," Mohamed ElBaradei said.

And ElBaradei said progress was being made on Iran's request for enriched uranium to help treat cancer patients. Iran will sit down with the United States, Russia and France on October 19 at IAEA headquarters in Vienna, Austria, to discuss that request, he said. A deal on that front could be important because it could reduce the amount of nuclear fuel Iran has to make a bomb. Under the agreement, Iranian low-enriched uranium -- not weapons-grade material -- would be sent abroad and enriched further before being sent back for use in Iranian medical research, ElBaradei said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/04/...lear/index.html

Best case scenario for her, it is a really dumb statement.

The biggest challenge for people like MO and her hubby is that the world has stopped caring about their little personal stories and how they can somehow empathize with every single event in the history of the world. The world got the books, got the tapes, got the magazines, got the interviews, and got the message over and over and over shortly after their election. But as is generally the case with megalomaniacs (and before you get all jumpy on that, let me say I happen to believe anyone who makes a run for president HAS to be a megalomaniac), the people get tired of hearing their schtick long before they tire of making it up. Me, me, me gets old very, very fast, fast, fast.

I was hired last week after being unemployed since April. The march of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

I say with all seriousness, congratulations on the job. It's rough out there. The business seems stable, but no one wants to hire.

And I say sarcastically, one down, 14.9 million to go.

United Nations inspectors will visit Iran's recently disclosed nuclear power plant on October 25, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency announced Sunday from Tehran. "It is important for us to send out inspectors to do comprehensive verification ... to assure ourselves that it is ... fit for peaceful purposes," Mohamed ElBaradei said.

And ElBaradei said progress was being made on Iran's request for enriched uranium to help treat cancer patients. Iran will sit down with the United States, Russia and France on October 19 at IAEA headquarters in Vienna, Austria, to discuss that request, he said. A deal on that front could be important because it could reduce the amount of nuclear fuel Iran has to make a bomb. Under the agreement, Iranian low-enriched uranium -- not weapons-grade material -- would be sent abroad and enriched further before being sent back for use in Iranian medical research, ElBaradei said.

it must be nice to be so naive.

October 25th :(

why not today? or tomorrow? Did you ever stop to think about that? Do you think that maybe, just maybe it has to do with wanting to cover up and prep the place before the inspectors arrive? Of course not, why? Because you're a homer.

And in regards to ElBaradei, he has been saying that progress has been being made for years now. But hey, this time it's different right? :lol:

Listen, No one who thinks rationally disputes the Olympics debacle being anything of real importance, but did you really just suggest that the US made progress with the Iranian government? :lol::(

Why is it a debacle?

There were four finalists and two favorites (Rio and Chicago)... Almost everybody knew that Rio was the hands on favorite to win... Even know Arrogant Americans and Vegas may have had Chicago in there.

Now... With the way voting is set up... Everybody knew that the probability of one of the favorites dropping out first was gonna happen... That is exactly what happen... This argument that Chicago should have made it to the next round is bunk... If they would have, they would have won it all.

Again, I would have like to see them win... But, it played out the way a lot of people were saying... Its just that nobody heard it over all the arrogant noise.

It was so obvious what was gonna happen, the smart people would have put their money on this... The only thing I may have had backwards is Tokyo going out in the next (because London has 2012).

Nobody wants to pull a "DeLuca" and speak what was going to happen... So everybody was delusion with optimism with one of the "favorites:" Chicago.

If Chicago was going to lose, this was the only way really... And most people in the know (about how they vote) would recognize that.

What's the big deal?

Stupid American pride and the freedom to knock down the prez.

How much more beautiful can our freedom get!

Here are the facts that many naysayers probably don't know:

Chicago lost to Madrid in the first round by the count:

23-18

That is five votes... Really 3 swing.

Madrid lost to Rio in the final round by around 15 to 20 (I forget the count, but Madrid was in the 20's and Rio in the 40's... I am doing this off the top of my head).

The way I look at it, Rio being there HURT Chicago and most likely took votes away. Like duh! The two "favorites."

Maybe Obama knew who those three swing were and tried to convince them... To no avail.

Everybody has to realize that getting out of the first round for a favorite is the most difficult.

Here are the facts that many naysayers probably don't know:

Chicago lost to Madrid in the first round by the count:

23-18

That is five votes... Really 3 swing.

Madrid lost to Rio in the final round by around 15 to 20 (I forget the count, but Madrid was in the 20's and Rio in the 40's... I am doing this off the top of my head).

The way I look at it, Rio being there HURT Chicago and most likely took votes away. Like duh! The two "favorites."

Maybe Obama knew who those three swing were and tried to convince them... To no avail.

Everybody has to realize that getting out of the first round for a favorite is the most difficult.

And you're telling me to get a life. :lol:

And you're telling me to get a life. :lol:

:(

Really... They have been talking about this here for what? 1 to 2 years or more???

Geez! With all the soundbites and noise, people can't see the reality of it. It is not rocket science.

Sorry, I don't follow the 16 year old honor students getting killed until chucklheads like Crayonz brings it to my attention.

My main rule of thumb... Set your own path... Don't follow the buzz... Except maybe the one in your head! ;):lol:

This thread is a classic on what people's miss conceptions are and how they really follow the media whores... Chicago's problem? The are a pretty tasty magnet for stuff.

Again... We Americans beat ourselves over the head too much.

:lol:

Really... They have been talking about this here for what? 1 to 2 years or more???

Geez! With all the soundbites and noise, people can't see the reality of it. It is not rocket science.

Sorry, I don't follow the 16 year old honor students getting killed until chucklheads like Crayonz brings it to my attention.

My main rule of thumb... Set your own path... Don't follow the buzz... Except maybe the one in your head! :lol::(

This thread is a classic on what people's miss conceptions are and how they really follow the media whores... Chicago's problem? The are a pretty tasty magnet for stuff.

Again... We Americans beat ourselves over the head too much.

So your rule of thumb is set your own path just as long as it follows yours. Check.

The biggest challenge for people like MO and her hubby is that the world has stopped caring about their little personal stories and how they can somehow empathize with every single event in the history of the world. The world got the books, got the tapes, got the magazines, got the interviews, and got the message over and over and over shortly after their election. But as is generally the case with megalomaniacs (and before you get all jumpy on that, let me say I happen to believe anyone who makes a run for president HAS to be a megalomaniac), the people get tired of hearing their schtick long before they tire of making it up. Me, me, me gets old very, very fast, fast, fast.

I say with all seriousness, congratulations on the job. It's rough out there. The business seems stable, but no one wants to hire.

And I say sarcastically, one down, 14.9 million to go.

I would agree with you as far as the megalomania and I would even go a bit further. Anything you do or say is dissected, run through the mill and turned into grist for the other side. Who in the hell would want the job? This applies to all politicians.

Before someone thinks this is a defense of the Obamas, I personally think he is is doing a piss poor job. IMO as long as everyone keeps voting for one party (whichever party) nothing is likely to change as far as the way DC is run. Vote the bastards out. All of them.

Oh and nice touch saying congrats to Joe, it shows that even though you dislike his politics you can care for someone else's plight. Never had an issue with you there.

Will the UN be allowed to inspect any undisclosed sites? Or is that an unfair question because it is inconceivable that Iran would have secret sites?

As for the enrichment, even the US say's there is no agreement on how much of their fuel is to be exported and returned as medicinal quality. Indeed, at least one high-placed Iranian denies that there was such an agreement in the bilateral conversation at all...

Here's a question for you. Suppose you were the Iranian leadership, and you were determined to get the bomb, period. If you wanted to defuse the latest pressure from the West while continuing the research, would you do anything substantially different?

Did I read that right? We are going to help them enrich uranium?