Olympics

finknottle

“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”

-Michelle Obama-

Uh, she was over 20 years old when Carl Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984. :wallbash:

Why is a 20 something year old woman sitting on her father's lap? :rolleyes:

Oh!

She could have been 15 watching the time trials to the boycotted 1980 Olympics which Lewis qualified for.

<_<:censored:

Still 15! :censored:<_<

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”

-Michelle Obama-

Uh, she was over 20 years old when Carl Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984. :wallbash:

Why is a 20 something year old woman sitting on her father's lap? :censored:

Maybe she got the idea from Mackenzie Phillips? <_<

Ya... What is it with pols and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar syndrome!"

:wallbash:<_<

What a bunch of phonies (and yes, I am slamming MO).

:censored:

There is a point with Carl Lewis.

Michelle Obama was born January 17, 1964.

Olga Korbut was in the 72 Olympics.

Nadia Comăneci was in the 76 Olympics. Twelve may be too old to sit in Daddy's lap. But I have never had a daughter so not really in a position to judge.

The local paper has a picture take on the beach in Rio of a guy that looks a little like the Mesiah wearing a suit with a cardboard cutout of MO with a Rio 2016 t-shirt on!

his point? more like random and incoherent thoughts

No. Well, I understand that if you are partisan and have one set agenda then I guess you are right. Why this is a referendum on anything is beyond me... It is about bringing the games to the US and repairing its image to be one that is NOT a war mongering nation that can participate and even lose decisions within the international community.

Just as it is not all about you, the world is not just all about the US. Try to spin it like it is... :bag:

There is a point with Carl Lewis.

Michelle Obama was born January 17, 1964.

Olga Korbut was in the 72 Olympics.

Nadia Comăneci was in the 76 Olympics. Twelve may be too old to sit in Daddy's lap. But I have never had a daughter so not really in a position to judge.

I agree! I thought I slammed MO for that! Honestly she could have been 15/16, Lewis did qualify for the Moscow games in 1980.

Still WTF is a 15/16 year old girl sitting on daddy's lap about! :):bag:

My God, can't she read what the speech writers wrote! Maybe hire better writers that tend to details!

I agree! I thought I slammed MO for that! Honestly she could have been 15/16, Lewis did qualify for the Moscow games in 1980.

Still WTF is a 15/16 year old girl sitting on daddy's lap about! :):bag:

My God, can't she read what the speech writers wrote! Maybe hire better writers that tend to details!

Best case scenario for her, it is a really dumb statement.

No. Well, I understand that if you are partisan and have one set agenda then I guess you are right. Why this is a referendum on anything is beyond me... It is about bringing the games to the US and repairing its image to be one that is NOT a war mongering nation that can participate and even lose decisions within the international community.

Just as it is not all about you, the world is not just all about the US. Try to spin it like it is... :bag:

I think because most of us are bitching because we saw right through this. We didn't look at it as trying to bring the games to the US but bringing the games to Chicago. Big difference and Obama should have realized that a very cynical public would feel that way. He now has to find another way to repay those that got him where he is and that will probably require some more Czar appointments. :)

I think because most of us are bitching because we saw right through this. We didn't look at it as trying to bring the games to the US but bringing the games to Chicago. Big difference and Obama should have realized that a very cynical public would feel that way. He now has to find another way to repay those that got him where he is and that will probably require some more Czar appointments. :)

So what. I saw right through it too. Even if it was any other prez. I would have had the same reaction.

What wrong with him smoozing to bring the games home. It would be like Joe Torre not even stepping out of the clubhouse. What do you think Obama (or any prez.) is? Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocalate Factory. :bag:

Again.. It is the Olypmpics... At least B word about things that can cause people to die needlessly... Like going to war over policy.

Again... Get a life. People are bitching because it is Obama, just like with Bush... And I would tell the liberals the same thing about getting a life.

You guys are unreal.

Michelle Obama's father, Fraser Robinson III, had MS. Regardless if she was 12 or 20, I seriously doubt she sat on her father's legs to watch the Olympics.

http://www.life-in-spite-of-ms.com/fraserrobinson.html

"Mr. Robinson developed multiple sclerosis as a young man. In spite of having this disease, he continued working and according to Michelle, he hardly ever missed a day of work. Michelle told how she would see her father walk to work using two canes. Even though he had to sometimes struggle to get ready for work, he knew this was what he needed to do. Certain things just took a little longer for him."

Bottom Line:

Very bad week for Barack Obama. Chicago is the FIRST city to be eliminated from the 2016 Olympics. 263,000 new employed increasing the UE rate to 9.8%. And then Michelle...embellishing.

-Michelle Obama-

Uh, she was over 20 years old when Carl Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984. :bag:

Why is a 20 something year old woman sitting on her father's lap? :)

Hey, Bill Clinton remembered growing up in Arkansas and all the whiteys burning down black churches each week.

Bottom Line:

Very bad week for Barack Obama. Chicago is the FIRST city to be eliminated from the 2016 Olympics.

Yeah, he should resign because being 4th out of 4 on such a significant issue is inexcusable. Getting the world to pressure Iran to agree to inspections pales to the Olympics.

263,000 new employed increasing the UE rate to 9.8%.

I was hired last week after being unemployed since April. The march of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Getting the world to pressure Iran to agree to inspections pales to the Olympics.

Obama might be dragging his teleprompter around but he's not leading anyone anywhere. Last week he wanted to give Iran 3 months to comply with nuclear inspectors. Then he changed it to "within weeks" (below link after Obama changed his mind). Now, with France and Great Britain in the lead I think Obama is actually following them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/world/mi.../27nuke.html?hp

U.S. to Demand Inspections of Iranian Plants in 3 Months

By DAVID E. SANGER and WILLIAM J. BROAD

Published: September 26, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration plans to tell Tehran this week that the nation has three months to open its numerous nuclear sites to inspection, turn over notebooks and computers, and answer detailed questions about its suspected efforts to build a nuclear weapon, according to United States officials.

Obama might be dragging his teleprompter around but he's not leading anyone anywhere. Last week he wanted to give Iran 3 months to comply with nuclear inspectors. Then he changed it to "within weeks" (below link after Obama changed his mind). Now, with France and Great Britain in the lead I think Obama is actually following them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/world/mi.../27nuke.html?hp

U.S. to Demand Inspections of Iranian Plants in 3 Months

By DAVID E. SANGER and WILLIAM J. BROAD

Published: September 26, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration plans to tell Tehran this week that the nation has three months to open its numerous nuclear sites to inspection, turn over notebooks and computers, and answer detailed questions about its suspected efforts to build a nuclear weapon, according to United States officials.

And then what happens in 3 months?

Another sternly worded speech on TOTUS screen?

Yeah, he should resign because being 4th out of 4 on such a significant issue is inexcusable. Getting the world to pressure Iran to agree to inspections pales to the Olympics.

I was hired last week after being unemployed since April. The march of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Listen, No one who thinks rationally disputes the Olympics debacle being anything of real importance, but did you really just suggest that the US made progress with the Iranian government? :bag::)