Olympics

finknottle

Ya, I would think that Chicago is the odds on favorites to win the bid.

It'd be nice to see Chicago in all it's glory. Rio could be interesting as well.

Yes, it's time for people to make more references to crime and politics.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would prefer the games to be in:

1. A polluted stinking city: Tokyo... Bejing Redux... Will there be a national handout like they give their automakers?

2. A crime riddled city like no other on the planet that has one of the biggest difeerences between rich and poor: Rio... Why don't they just have the games in Kabul.

3. A city that is the duping capital of the world: Madrid... See also Spain, nice games/competition that will be.

Your hate for Obama has even gone before national pride and patriotism... Now the "evil unions." :thumbsup::lol: Is there anything that you can stand that you don't feel superior over? Ya, the city and unions in Chicago are far superior to you and other places. Learn to love it.

If you're going to jump into the middle of a conversation, try starting at the top and working your way in. I have said I have no problem with Obama going after the Olympics. It's an effort to return to baby steps for Obama since everything else he has tried to touch has turned to dogcrap. A win is a win, and right now he needs some kind of win. The union discussion I was having was in response to why Pbills thought Chicago was a great place for the Olympics.

Jesus.

If you're going to jump into the middle of a conversation, try starting at the top and working your way in. I have said I have no problem with Obama going after the Olympics. It's an effort to return to baby steps for Obama since everything else he has tried to touch has turned to dogcrap. A win is a win, and right now he needs some kind of win. The union discussion I was having was in response to why Pbills thought Chicago was a great place for the Olympics.

Jesus.

:thumbsup::lol:

I am sorry... You got me all hot... NO! :P Not to mention that the "snowbirds" are heading down river for the year and a 40 foot or so SeaRay just threw up a 5 foot wake and almost turtled a sailboat...

Again sorry.

For the record, I agree with Eryn... I think they will go to Tokyo or Rio.

Oh... And it is doping... Sorry for the typo.

Jesus.

What is the cut-off for people being allowed to chime in? Just curious?

Many here have said that they have a problem with Obama going after the Olympics. I too, would have a problem if he was spending an enormous amount of time on this, he's not.

And you really think that the only reason I am supporting this is because of the unions in Chicago? Damn. It could be anywhere in the country and I would support it. Give up the hate for unions - it's clouding your brain.

:thumbsup::lol:

I am sorry... You got me all hot... NO! :P Not to mention that the "snowbirds" are heading down river for the year and a 40 foot or so SeaRay just threw up a 5 foot wake and almost turtled a sailboat...

Again sorry.

For the record, I agree with Eryn... I think they will go to Tokyo or Rio.

Oh... And it is doping... Sorry for the typo.

Sorry to repeat myself, but there is NO WAY it goes anywhere but Chicago. Obama is having a particularly difficult time getting anything of significance done right now. As I've said before, if he can't close this deal, people will start to wonder if he has the ability to even pardon a Thanksgiving turkey.

Sorry to repeat myself, but there is NO WAY it goes anywhere but Chicago. Obama is having a particularly difficult time getting anything of significance done right now. As I've said before, if he can't close this deal, people will start to wonder if he has the ability to even pardon a Thanksgiving turkey.

Don't get me wrong... That entered my feeble mind too.

Really.

That's a good one. Seriously. :thumbsup:

Amazing Chicago never hosted the games... They did get the bid for the 1904 games... It was moved to St. Louis because (from Wiki):

The city of Chicago had won the original bid to host the 1904 Summer Olympics, but the organizers of the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis would not accept another international event in the same time frame.

The exposition organization began to plan for its own sports activities, informing the Chicago OCOG that its own international sports events intended to eclipse the Olympic Games unless they were moved to St. Louis. Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic movement, gave in and awarded the games to St. Louis.

So really... Chicago is owed... :thumbsup:

Amazing Chicago never hosted the games... They did get the bid for the 1904 games... It was moved to St. Louis because (from Wiki):

The city of Chicago had won the original bid to host the 1904 Summer Olympics, but the organizers of the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis would not accept another international event in the same time frame.

The exposition organization began to plan for its own sports activities, informing the Chicago OCOG that its own international sports events intended to eclipse the Olympic Games unless they were moved to St. Louis. Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic movement, gave in and awarded the games to St. Louis.

So really... Chicago is owed... :thumbsup:

And that is why Obama is there. Because he owes Chicago.