Looks Like It Will Be a Cold Winter

/dev/null

THANK YOU JESUS!!! Our gas bill was outrageous last year. We were paying any where from $212-$289 per month from December through March of last year. This was all while I was layed off as well. Couple that with the fact that we got shut off one time and had to pay a $48 reconnection fee, along with a $505 deposit to start over, and you can imagine my stress level. Things were a little tight until the warmer weather came through needless to say. Hopefully, this means more managable bills from Colombia Gas this winter. :sick:

THANK YOU JESUS!!! Our gas bill was outrageous last year. We were paying any where from $212-$289 per month from December through March of last year. This was all while I was layed off as well. Couple that with the fact that we got shut off one time and had to pay a $48 reconnection fee, along with a $505 deposit to start over, and you can imagine my stress level. Things were a little tight until the warmer weather came through needless to say. Hopefully, this means more managable bills from Colombia Gas this winter. :thumbsup:

Holy crap, $212-$289?!?!?!

I just checked, and the highest we paid for our 1,750 sq/ft house was $134.54 -- and I live in Minnesota, where it gets to -20F very frequently!

What do you set your thermostat to? And how big/old is your house???

THANK YOU JESUS!!! Our gas bill was outrageous last year. We were paying any where from $212-$289 per month from December through March of last year. This was all while I was layed off as well. Couple that with the fact that we got shut off one time and had to pay a $48 reconnection fee, along with a $505 deposit to start over, and you can imagine my stress level. Things were a little tight until the warmer weather came through needless to say. Hopefully, this means more managable bills from Colombia Gas this winter. :thumbsup:

In Va? that looks like my Alaska bills.

Holy crap, $212-$289?!?!?!

I just checked, and the highest we paid for our 1,750 sq/ft house was $134.54 -- and I live in Minnesota, where it gets to -20F very frequently!

What do you set your thermostat to? And how big/old is your house???

We rent a 1950's built 1,100sqft house here in VA. We keep the thermostat in between 68-70. When they shut us off last year they pressure tested the line for leaks and found several through the main line that ran under the house, behind the wall, and to the furnace in the attic. Cost our landlord $1,000 to replace it. We also had a water heater that I think was leaking as well somewhere because I could smell it in the utility room on occasion. That has since been replaced as well, to the tune of $458. I think we were just getting screwed over by the leaks, but my fingers are still crossed hoping the problems are solved. What's really scary is if something would've sparked under the house and ignited the gas from the leaking copper line I probably would not be typing right now or getting ready to celebrate my youngest's 2nd birthday on Saturday, ya know. It was definitely a teeth gnashing situation when I found out the line to the furnace had about 7 or 8 pin-holes. We'd already been paying the bill for a year and a half. Just since the water heater was replaced I can see a $25 dollar a month difference over the bills from last year. I told the landlord I would also like to replace all of the windows in the house if they'd let us take it off the rent. Not likely though. I also suggested reinsulating the house, and with the deal Lowes or Home Depot has right now with a roll for $9.99, I think I'm going to try to do that one too.

We rent a 1950's built 1,100sqft house here in VA. We keep the thermostat in between 68-70. When they shut us off last year they pressure tested the line for leaks and found several through the main line that ran under the house, behind the wall, and to the furnace in the attic. Cost our landlord $1,000 to replace it. We also had a water heater that I think was leaking as well somewhere because I could smell it in the utility room on occasion. That has since been replaced as well, to the tune of $458. I think we were just getting screwed over by the leaks, but my fingers are still crossed hoping the problems are solved. What's really scary is if something would've sparked under the house and ignited the gas from the leaking copper line I probably would not be typing right now or getting ready to celebrate my youngest's 2nd birthday on Saturday, ya know. It was definitely a teeth gnashing situation when I found out the line to the furnace had about 7 or 8 pin-holes. We'd already been paying the bill for a year and a half. Just since the water heater was replaced I can see a $25 dollar a month difference over the bills from last year. I told the landlord I would also like to replace all of the windows in the house if they'd let us take it off the rent. Not likely though. I also suggested reinsulating the house, and with the deal Lowes or Home Depot has right now with a roll for $9.99, I think I'm going to try to do that one too.

Good luck

el nino's generally benefit Buffalo in the winter with warmer less snowy weather.

Weren't the big ice storms in el nino years though? At least in Rochester I think they were.

I'll take cold and snow over a week without power any day.

el nino's generally benefit Buffalo in the winter with warmer less snowy weather.

Depends... Warmer weather hold more moisture than cold weather... If temps tend to fall slightly below what it takes to snow, BFLO could get pounded.

Or... That means the lake does not freeze... Which means the snomaking machine can saty turned on the whole winter!

What you want is the lake to freeze... FAST AND EARLY!!!!!