JP and the Las Vegas Locomotives

bbillsfan87

I don't know why I bother with you JPfan#1 (and this will be my last post about a minor league football player) but here are the facts:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

Losman: 42 games, 75.6 QB rating, 558 for 941 completion % of 59.3%, 6211 yards, 147.9 yards per game, 6.6 yards per attempt, 33 tds, 34 ints, 103 rushes for 489 yards, 4.7 yards per carry, 3 tds, sacked 103 times (2.5 per game), 32 fumbles and 17 lost.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8346

Edwards: 27 games, 80.0 QB rating, 452 for 734, 61.6 completion %, 4,927 yards, 182.5 ypg, 6.7 ypa, 22 tds, 20 ints, 57 rushes for 228 yards, 8.4 ypc., 3 rushing tds, sacked 45 times (1.7 per game), 13 fumbles, and 5 lost.

Edwards is better than Losman IN EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY. Not to mention that the numbers are completely skewed because Losman had his "breakout" year in his 3rd season, which Edwards just started.

also note that I have never once said Edwards is the answer. But he is a much better QB than Losman and deserves this year. And if you can honestly argue that Losman is a better QB, you must be mentally handicapped (with all due respect). And if you are, then I applaud your use of the computer.

Is that including Losman's first year when he broke his leg and didn't start? If so we are really talking about Losman's second year as a starter which equates to Trent's last year. YES, Losman even with a broken leg hopefully did benefit from film room study and being around the team his first year in the NFL, but unlike Edwards he wasn't actually taking first team reps his first year.

I also question your stats for games as I did before:

Are we only counting games where the QB was the starter for the year?

Are you including games where the QB came in in relief of the actual starter having worked exclusively with the second team and not getting starter reps or the benefit of a game plan tailored to their skills?

Are we looking at the present where on paper TE has perhaps anywhere from the 4th to 2nd best WR core in the game

and can't get them the ball?

ARE WE STILL TRYING TO EXCUSE EDWARDS POOR PERFORMANCE BY DREDGING UP JP FROM THE DEAD!?!??!?!

Forget about what JP did. TRENT STINKS SO FAR ALL ON HIS OWN!!! Take off the rose colored glasses. Admit that he needs a LOT of improvement before he can be considered a QB we would want beyond the end of this year!!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that including Losman's first year when he broke his leg and didn't start? If so we are really talking about Losman's second year as a starter which equates to Trent's last year. YES, Losman even with a broken leg hopefully did benefit from film room study and being around the team his first year in the NFL, but unlike Edwards he wasn't actually taking first team reps his first year.

I also question your stats for games as I did before:

Are we only counting games where the QB was the starter for the year?

Are you including games where the QB came in in relief of the actual starter having worked exclusively with the second team and not getting starter reps or the benefit of a game plan tailored to their skills?

Are we looking at the present where on paper TE has perhaps anywhere from the 4th to 2nd best WR core in the game

and can't get them the ball?

ARE WE STILL TRYING TO EXCUSE EDWARDS POOR PERFORMANCE BY DREDGING UP JP FROM THE DEAD!?!??!?!

Forget about what JP did. TRENT STINKS SO FAR ALL ON HIS OWN!!! Take off the rose colored glasses. Admit that he needs a LOT of improvement before he can be considered a QB we would want beyond the end of this year!!!!

YES he is including JPs first year where he is credited with playing in 4 games and throwing 5 total passes. He also is including the 2008 KC game where JP didn't throw any passes and 2007 vs NE and NYJ where he threw 6 total passes. People amaze me!

Just listening to a live interview with coach Jim Fassel on the radio. He says JP is easily an NFL Qb and one of the more talented QB's he has coached. He loves the guy and thinks he is an awesome QB. He seems enamored with his strong arm though. We shall see. JP never could get comfortable in the pocket or have a feel for the rush around him. IF he ever does have fun out there, and uses his legs a bit....he could be moderately successful. He seemed too nervous for the NFL.....kind of like Trent is becoming.

Just listening to a live interview with coach Jim Fassel on the radio. He says JP is easily an NFL Qb and one of the more talented QB's he has coached. He loves the guy and thinks he is an awesome QB. He seems enamored with his strong arm though. We shall see. JP never could get comfortable in the pocket or have a feel for the rush around him. IF he ever does have fun out there, and uses his legs a bit....he could be moderately successful. He seemed too nervous for the NFL.....kind of like Trent is becoming.

Uses his legs a bit?

JP was the worst "scrambler" I've seen. He was sacked by some of the slowest, most obese men in the game.

And how many big arm plays did he really have?

JP's accomplishments have reached mythical proportions.