What Does Obama Really Stand For?

BillsNYC

I remember hearing about a poll back in June that said 10% of people thought Bush was a great public speaker, but 90% knew where he stood on issues, and the same poll said 90% of people thought Obama was a great speaker, but only 10% of people knew where he stood on issues.

Well....here's why:

"The trouble with Obama is that he gets into the moment and means what he says for that moment only. He meant what he said when he called Afghanistan a "war of necessity" -- and now is not necessarily so sure. He meant what he said about the public option in his health care plan -- and then again maybe not. He would not prosecute CIA agents for getting rough with detainees -- and then again maybe he would.

Most tellingly, he gave Congress an August deadline for passage of health care legislation -- "Now, if there are no deadlines, nothing gets done in this town ..." -- and then let it pass. It seemed not to occur to Obama that a deadline comes with a consequence -- meet it or else.

Obama lost credibility with his deadline-that-never-was and now he threatens to lose some more with his posturing toward Iran. He has gotten into a demeaning dialogue with Ahmadinejad, an accomplished liar. (The next day, the Iranian used a news conference to counter Obama and, days later, Iran tested some intermediate-range missiles.) Obama is our version of a Supreme Leader, not given to making idle threats, setting idle deadlines, reversing course on momentous issues, creating a TV crisis where none existed or, unbelievably, pitching Chicago for the 2016 Olympics. Obama's the president. Time he understood that."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...dent_98489.html

This can't be over fast enough. GOP is getting 2010-2012 on a sliver platter,if only they would quit dumping the food on their lap.

I said to some of my relatives, family, that this would be one of the worst administrations ever. Of course, it may never be known because of the lefty pc education system and like media. When saying this they called me racist, negative and so on. Generally just gave me indignant, angry looks. All I could say is be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. Well, they got it.

Honestly: I think many thought they were electing a President, but all they have accomplished is putting a Congressman in the President's job.

Right down the line on every issue Obama has been acting like a Congressman and not a President. All the partisan and direct attacks on Fox, Limbaugh, etc.? That's what Congressmen do, not Presidents.

It seems like he is expecting others to do all the work, and then convince him to get his "vote". He is supposed to be setting the agenda, and, god forbid, leading the country. Even Bush got that part right. Obama seems to not understand that it is his job to do the the work, and then the convincing, not the other way around.

I honestly don't know why in the world he is doing this, perhaps he is simply going back to what he knows? One thing is sure, actively spending time trying to get the Olympics for Chicago is NOT HIS JOB. It's the Senators/Reps from Illinois job. He is the President of the country, not the President of Chicago.

I said before that he would have a tough time rising above the corruption/foolishness/practices of the Southside. It appears that while surely others haven't helped him, he hasn't done much to help himself rise above the patronage game either.