stafford vs edwards

bbillsfan87

edwards and stafford both are averaging 199.3 yds/game. pretty sad that a 3 yr vet can't have more than that with the weapons around him. yes stafford does have johnson but HE'S A GODDAM ROOKIE. edwards still needs to impress me....IMO

a first pick in the draft, blue chip rookie, coming off a team that was in the race for a national championship...

vs a 3rd(?) round pick from Stanford coming into his 2nd starting year.

the fact that they are on par is about right where they should be.

edwards and stafford both are averaging 199.3 yds/game. pretty sad that a 3 yr vet can't have more than that with the weapons around him. yes stafford does have johnson but HE'S A GODDAM ROOKIE. edwards still needs to impress me....IMO

You do realize that Edwards is coming off his worse game of the year and it dragged down his average. He was averaging 221 before this game and would have 70 more if TO could catch the ball.

a first pick in the draft, blue chip rookie, coming off a team that was in the race for a national championship...

vs a 3rd(?) round pick from Stanford coming into his 2nd starting year.

the fact that they are on par is about right where they should be.

last time i checked the NFL and NCAA are different......and didnt tom brady get taken late in the draft....look what he did....#1 pick means nothing anymore.

last time i checked the NFL and NCAA are different......and didnt tom brady get taken late in the draft....look what he did....#1 pick means nothing anymore.

ok then, how are any of the QBs who got picked this year from the 3rd round on doing this season?

Brady is the anomaly, not the norm.

#1 pick does still count for something.

Montana... there are others... not a unique anomaly.

sure, im not saying that you CANT find a good player later in the draft. but players picked in the 1st round (let alone the 1st OVERALL PICK) should have much higher expectations on them than ones picked later. and are mch more likely to succeed than those picked later. thats why THEYRE PICKED FIRST. theyre SUPPOSED to be better players.

isnt this the entire argument behind everyone bitching about Donte Whitner?

ok then, how are any of the QBs who got picked this year from the 3rd round on doing this season?

Brady is the anomaly, not the norm.

#1 pick does still count for something.

#1 picks that were QB's in the last ten years:

1999-Tim Couch

2001-Mike Vick

2002-David Carr

2003-Carson Palmer

2004-Eli Manning

2005-Alex Smith

2007-JaMarcus Russell

2009-Matt Stafford

out of those QB's only Manning stands out. yeaaa first pick overall QB's are outstanding :wallbash:

#1 picks that were QB's in the last ten years:

1999-Tim Couch

2001-Mike Vick

2002-David Carr

2003-Carson Palmer

2004-Eli Manning

2005-Alex Smith

2007-JaMarcus Russell

2009-Matt Stafford

out of those QB's only Manning stands out. yeaaa first pick overall QB's are outstanding :wallbash:

while youre at it, look at 1st ROUND QB picks. and feel free to answer my original question about how any of the 3rd round+ QB picks from this year's draft are doing.

again, not sure what you are arguing here? that later round draft picks are EXPECTED to be as good as first round draft picks?

i wont argue that they CAN be as good. but they arent EXPECTED to be. that's why the top prospects are picked first, and the lesser ones picked later.

Trent certainly does not need to impress you. Your opinion is meaningless and has no bearing on the Bills success or failure in any way. In fact I'm quite certain that the only person who gives half a crap about your opinion is you. But thanks for that thoughtful and insightful analysis.

god forbid someone offer their own opinion on a MESSAGE BOARD. thought thats what this was for....sharing stories, information and opinions. I APOLOGIZE SIR FOR OFFERING MY OWN OPINION THAT OUR QB NEEDS TO PLAY A LIL BETTER THAN A ROOKIE. SORRY I OFFENDED YOU.

Trent certainly does not need to impress you. Your opinion is meaningless and has no bearing on the Bills success or failure in any way. In fact I'm quite certain that the only person who gives half a crap about your opinion is you. But thanks for that thoughtful and insightful analysis.

Shouldn't you be extrapolating Trent's stats from last night and tell us how much better he is than Brady?

god forbid someone offer their own opinion on a MESSAGE BOARD. thought thats what this was for....sharing stories, information and opinions. I APOLOGIZE SIR FOR OFFERING MY OWN OPINION THAT OUR QB NEEDS TO PLAY A LIL BETTER THAN A ROOKIE. SORRY I OFFENDED YOU.

Once again and you glossed over this the first time, Edwards was playing better than Stafford (and many other QBs) before yesterday's game. Good timing.

while youre at it, look at 1st ROUND QB picks. and feel free to answer my original question about how any of the 3rd round+ QB picks from this year's draft are doing.

again, not sure what you are arguing here? that later round draft picks are EXPECTED to be as good as first round draft picks?

i wont argue that they CAN be as good. but they arent EXPECTED to be. that's why the top prospects are picked first, and the lesser ones picked later.

just going over it in my mind there are 17 first rounder starting qb's and 15 second or later (Brees was first pick of second round I think so you can almost say 18 first 14 later). Didn't check on line so could be off by one

Say your dumb groan comments. I just find it funny that the rats love to come out after a bad game.

"If Calvin Johnson doesn't get called for a bull **** offensive pass interference call yesterday, then Staffords average will have jumped 20.66666 yards". It's ridiculous. Drops happen in the game, penalties happen in the game. Yeah, it is funny, but the same thing happens with the ballwashers after a good game.