Next week is a "must-win" game

Rubes

I think most people, including myself, thought the Bills would be 1-2 at this point in the season. I was encouraged by the team's play the first two weeks, not so much yesterday. But as the saying goes, you're never as good as you think you are, and never as bad as you think you are either.

But for this young team, confidence is one of the most important things. We got some of that earlier, then lost a lot of it yesterday. This next game against the Fins is critical for the remainder of the season, if this team is to ever start climbing up that steep hill of respectability.

It's a divisional game, and we're already 0-1 in the division. It's on the road, and this team needs to start learning how to win on the road. Miami may be 0-3, but I don't think anyone here thinks they are that terrible, by any means. But with their starting QB out, winning a game on the road against a winless divisional opponent is about as important as it gets.

Win that one, and we're back home against the punchless Browns, staring right at a 3-2 record. With winnable games against Carolina and Houston afterward, it would all fall on a big game against the Jets. With confidence, this team could actually hit the halfway mark at 5-3, well above where I expected them to be.

But only with confidence will they be able to achieve even that. And it all falls on this weeks game. Lose to the Fins, and we're staring down the abyss.

Sadly, I concur. With games against Indy, Falcons, Titans, Pats* and 2 vs. Jets, we're staring at 8 likely losses already. -and I'm not taking any of the others lightly.. Injuries are already taking an enormous toll, though.

The nucleus of the team is young, but consistant losing breeds a 'hope we can win' attitude, vs. a 'Can do' one.

Plus, if we don't win Sunday, it would be 9 div. loses in a row & 10 of 11. A dubious distinction, to be sure.