center

abqmarko

Hey I like Hangartner, much better than the centers we've had recently, but did anyone notice (especially in the 4th quarter) that almost half of his shotgun snaps literally skidded off the turf. How Edwards managed to pick them all up without a turnover is in and of itself impressive. To watch him lose at least one solid second trying to find a ball on the ground practically nullified any attempt at a pass completion.

Comments?

So if your Center is hurt and cannot snap the ball back in shotgun formation, why not tell Trent to get under center for the snap? Shouldn't the coaches at some point in time look at how their players are playing on the field and make some adjustment to try and improve that play?

So if your Center is hurt and cannot snap the ball back in shotgun formation, why not tell Trent to get under center for the snap? Shouldn't the coaches at some point in time look at how their players are playing on the field and make some adjustment to try and improve that play?

the way NO was getting penetration through all points of our line, we were better off taking our chances with rolling the ball back than lining up under center. they were coming hard every play and it was working.

I agree with your assesment, after watching the first 5 balls skid across the turf the coaches should have considered using him under center. Hangartner was mauled by rookie Sedrick Ellis on several plays in conjunction with skipping the ball to Edwards leads me to believe his back may be injured-lets hope not. If Hang goes out for a few games does A) Eric Wood get moved to center using Kirk Chambers at Guard or B)McKiney at center keeping Wood at guard? Again I hope this is all nothing but I havent seen consistently poor snaps like that in ages.

I agree with your assesment, after watching the first 5 balls skid across the turf the coaches should have considered using him under center. Hangartner was mauled by rookie Sedrick Ellis on several plays in conjunction with skipping the ball to Edwards leads me to believe his back may be injured-lets hope not. If Hang goes out for a few games does A) Eric Wood get moved to center using Kirk Chambers at Guard or B)McKiney at center keeping Wood at guard? Again I hope this is all nothing but I havent seen consistently poor snaps like that in ages.

his back was injured before and leading up to the game. what arent people understanding about this?

No kidding what a joke, they never adjust. You can't fix stupid.

So...ditch the constant shotguns and move under center and watch the QB get killed? :wallbash:

Or sit him and start someone that's healthy enough to play. I had visions of McGee getting torched by Ginn last year. Of course that's ok because McGee was injured and really shouldn't have been playing.

If they've got no replacement at Center, then just punt the friggin ball every play. But stop putting injured players out there that just get abused by the opposing team and hurt the entire team.

Hey I like Hangartner, much better than the centers we've had recently, but did anyone notice (especially in the 4th quarter) that almost half of his shotgun snaps literally skidded off the turf. How Edwards managed to pick them all up without a turnover is in and of itself impressive. To watch him lose at least one solid second trying to find a ball on the ground practically nullified any attempt at a pass completion.

Comments?

Ya I noticed that too. How could you not. Anyway, was he hurt or something? Those were terrible snaps and it happened literally like 3 or 4 times in a row. WTF

Ya I noticed that too. How could you not. Anyway, was he hurt or something? Those were terrible snaps and it happened literally like 3 or 4 times in a row. WTF

Please tell me you haven't bothered to read the entire thread where it's been brought up several times that HANGARTNER WAS PLAYING INJURED!

Oh, that would be situational thinking -- can't have any of that around here ya know.