The players have proved they have the talent...

RayFinkle

What's the obsession with Gruden? Hasn't it been well documented by now that his Super Bowl success was due, in large part, to Tony Dungy, and that his arrogance often causes friction amongst players and coaches?

I don't get it.

again, im just using the popular choice right now as an example. but i do think that this team could use a coach with a little fire. let the coordinators coordinate, and the coach motivate.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I trust the coaching staff AT LARGE has a better understanding of which players are getting it done and which one's aren't. If in fact we had a high volume of players consistently coming up short in their play to play duties, then I stand by what I say about avoiding "risks."

That's no way to play the game, particularly against a team with an offense that can get going at any time, like NO's. By avoiding the immediate risk, you in fact put your chances of winning the game in much greater jeopardy. I would say there's rarely any justification for punting on 4th and 5 or less at the opponents' 40, and even less so when the opponent is known for their offense.

But since you apparently share Jauron's risk-aversion, there's not much sense in continuing to debate this, except to say that based on the way Jauron consistently approaches these situations, there is very little mystery about why his record vs. winning teams is so putrid.

i think people around the league are aware of this too. gruden alluded to it on MNF and so did Lynch yesterday.

bills have actually held their own in free agency and with the poor records have stockpiled picks too. its a damn shame the talents being over shadowed by a coach who clearly does not belong in this league

What's the obsession with Gruden? Hasn't it been well documented by now that his Super Bowl success was due, in large part, to Tony Dungy, and that his arrogance often causes friction amongst players and coaches?

I don't get it.

I'm not surprised...You're a Jauron backer so this may come as a shock to you...But generally Folks prefer Coaches who actually Win more than they lose...

Jon Gruden - 95-81...5-4 Playoffs...One SB Title

Dick Jauron - 58-78...0-1 Playoffs...No Titles at all except best loser...

Does that help? :thumbsup: