The Gameplan on Trent

JDG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ralph has never done that before.....

Not True. He hasn't done it lately or very often, but he has done it.

There have been four "interim" head coaches in Bills history.

First, in 1968, head coach Joe Collier was fired two games into the season and replaced by Bills personnel director Harvey Johnson. Johnson did not serve as head coach the following season.

Then, five games into the 1976 season, Saban unexpectedly resigned as head coach. He was replaced by Ringo, the team's offensive line coach. Ringo returned to coach the team again in the 1977 season.

In October 1985, Kay Stephenson was fired and replaced by assistant head coach Hank Bullough.

Just over a year later, Bullough was himself fired and replaced by Marv Levy, who had previously served as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Levy would then serve as Bills head coach for the next 12 seasons.

Guest dog14787
According to Thurman Thomas twittering today, Trent had plenty of opportunities down the field today and he chose not to take them. Hmmm, time to start ranking the 2010 QB draft class.

Folks that make observations like that without doing a good assessment from film study are twittering out there arss. <_<

TE had a bad game, but he didn't have time to have plenty of opportunities down field because the O-line also played poorly.

An Edwards supporter? As opposed to what? A Ryan Fitzpatrick supporter? I mean, hasn't the Edwards/Losman debate been pretty much settled at this point?

I think another outstanding case-study is that last touchdown of the 49ers - Vikings game today that is on every single highlight clip. Honestly, can any of us ever imagine Edwards making that throw? O.k. a comparison to a sure-fire Hall-of-Famer is a bit unfair.... Edwards can be a solid QB for a decade for us without being a Hall of Famer. With that being said, the Vikings were in pure desperation mode - one last chance to score a TD... or lose. And Favre just rifled the ball into a well-covered WR. One of the things I just have not seen from Edwards is an ability to start gunning the ball into a WR in desperation time - when sure, it might be picked off, but hey if the catch isn't made you are going to lose anyways.

JDG

What really scares me is that the rare times that Trent throws downfield, he tends to get picked off. Maybe his accuracy is just that bad and he knows it.

your first sentence just made your whole post a joke

Feel free to come back and post once you understand how the NFL tiebreaker rules work....

Yes, a win moves you up in the standing, but a loss gives you an important advantage in many of the tiebreaker scenarios.

JDG

Feel free to come back and post once you understand how the NFL tiebreaker rules work....

Yes, a win moves you up in the standing, but a loss gives you an important advantage in many of the tiebreaker scenarios.

JDG

wow you are....well special to put it nicely..a loss never gives you an advantage you sound like jauron...you play to win losses are unacceptable

According to Thurman Thomas twittering today, Trent had plenty of opportunities down the field today and he chose not to take them. Hmmm, time to start ranking the 2010 QB draft class.

Is that true? If so, that certainly IS interesting, IMO.

The gameplan for Trent is pretty easy, blitz.

In Trent's defense today though, Drew Brees only had 16 more passing yards and threw for the same amount of TDs (0). That pick was a fluke and bad luck and Roscoe fumbling that ball hurt us. Did anyone else notice he got face masked on that play? I dont' think Trent played well, but I also don't think it all his fault. Maybe 55%. It was a team loss.

We played another good team toe to toe for 3 1/2 quarters only to lose it at the end. Where have I heard this before over the last 4 years?

wow you are....well special to put it nicely..a loss never gives you an advantage you sound like jauron...you play to win losses are unacceptable

The second tiebreaker for the Wild Card (after head-to-head) goes to the team with the most non-Conference losses.

Is that true? If so, that certainly IS interesting, IMO.

I can't speak for Thurman's Twitter since I boycott that nonsense ... but as for WRs being open it is 100% true. From my seats I counted 3 times where TO was covered 1 on 1 with either a LB or a Nickle DB with NO safety help. Trent never even looked at him.

There were several times when Reed and Evans were running free in the secondary and Edwards didn't see them.

This was the first game of the season I've seen live, and as you all know you can see way more at the games than you can on TV. I was shocked at how open the Bills' WRs were getting and how little Trent looked to them. Now, full disclosure here, the times that I saw WRs running free I wasn't watching the O-Line so I don't know how much pressure Trent was seeing, but he wasn't hit or knocked down on the throws so ...

I can't speak for Thurman's Twitter since I boycott that nonsense ... but as for WRs being open it is 100% true. From my seats I counted 3 times where TO was covered 1 on 1 with either a LB or a Nickle DB with NO safety help. Trent never even looked at him.

There were several times when Reed and Evans were running free in the secondary and Edwards didn't see them.

This was the first game of the season I've seen live, and as you all know you can see way more at the games than you can on TV. I was shocked at how open the Bills' WRs were getting and how little Trent looked to them. Now, full disclosure here, the times that I saw WRs running free I wasn't watching the O-Line so I don't know how much pressure Trent was seeing, but he wasn't hit or knocked down on the throws so ...

Great post, tgreg99......and very accurate I might add.

I was hoping that someone would post an observation like this. This places the blame squarely on Trent's shoulders. If the play's aren't there, then we have a scheme problem. If the plays are there, like Tgreg sez, then someone (AVP or TO or enev DJ) needs to slam that message home this week and every film study going forward. . . I think Trent has the skills to be a solid QB, but he needs to step out of that "I can't make any mistakes" mode. Favre throws lots of INT's, but he also makes many more plays cuz he's trying to make things happen downfield.

I was hoping that someone would post an observation like this. This places the blame squarely on Trent's shoulders. If the play's aren't there, then we have a scheme problem. If the plays are there, like Tgreg sez, then someone (AVP or TO or enev DJ) needs to slam that message home this week and every film study going forward. . . I think Trent has the skills to be a solid QB, but he needs to step out of that "I can't make any mistakes" mode. Favre throws lots of INT's, but he also makes many more plays cuz he's trying to make things happen downfield.

I could 2nd what Tgregg says. Edwards was not even looking for TO, after awhile, mainly the whole second half, NO did not even bother double teaming him. I do not get it. The coaches should stipulate no matter how good the coverage is if you see Evans or TO single covered your throwing it to him. Poor game by Edwards, looked scared again. Reminded me of the cleveland game without all the ints. Hopefully he rebounds. We will see.