NY Times to Start Monitoring Fox News & Talk Radio

BillsNYC

"Jill Abramson, the managing editor for news, agreed with me that the paper was “slow off the mark,” and blamed “insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.” She and Bill Keller, the executive editor, said last week that they would now assign an editor to monitor opinion media and brief them frequently on bubbling controversies. Keller declined to identify the editor, saying he wanted to spare that person “a bombardment of e-mails and excoriation in the blogosphere.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/opinion/27pubed.html?_r=1

Big step for the NY Times, and a good move for them/Dems in my opinion. I also think it was big of them to admit they were dropping the ball in the article, although they still hide their liberal leaning views.

Politically they can spin this news their way and respond to Fox News/Talk Radio's spin ASAP before it festers, like with Van Jones and ACORN.

This is not directly related, but somewhat, I usually watch I would say about 65% CNN and about 35% Fox and I guess that makes it about 0% MSNBC, and I'm pretty disappointed that CNN is not reporting or at least I havn't seen that ehy havn't reported how Congress is basically imposing a "gag order" on the health insurers to not repeat to their senior citizen customers what the CBO believes is going to happen with cuts on Medicare and Medicaid.

They also havn't reported how they are blocking an amendment from republicans to list the entirety of the the Health Care Reform Bill to the American Republic, the Democrats say that it is too complicated for the public to read and they'd rather list a "summary" because it would be easier to understand. I don't know about you guys, but to me that seems awfully !@#$ing condescending and a bit arrogant, but more than anything sneaky.

They also are not going to allow the CBO enough time to give a full proper thorough examination of what the new bill and it's total cost is projected to be. :unsure::) They say that there isn't enough time, and it would take weeks, ya, weeks. You've got to be !@#$ing kidding me, you can't wait for a couple more weeks so the American public can have a better idea of the new total costs of this Bill :blush::w00t::lol::ph34r::huh: