Amazing Race starts on Sunday

Just Jack

Must have changed since the first few seasons. All I remember is a bunch of whiny, annoying people proving the rest of the worlds opinions of Americans as rude, obnoxious jerks.

Yeah, there is usually one team who treats the locals like crap, and it's very embarrassing. (The one biatch from the cheerleader team last season was a major c**t!) Aside from that, this show rules!

I agree . . . one of the best shows on TV . . . but how bad would it suck to finally get on the show, get all psyched up for the start and then find out that YOU are the loser that's getting eliminated at the starting line. Harsh!

Oh man, I felt really bad for that team....that being said, I'd rather have my shot at the race and lose on the first elimination as opposed to never having the shot at all, you know?

Watching this show again reminds me of one of the main reasons I love it....I think this is the only TRUE reality show, because no matter what kind of impression you try and give, the circumstances of the race will peel away every layer of your image until what's left is your true personality. You can have a couple that are all lovey-dovey to start, and by the middle of the first leg they are yelling and screaming at each other. I don't think you can truly anticipate what it would be like to be in an unfamiliar place AND be under the time constraints of a competition until you actually do it.

I'm glad that the first three teams that have been eliminated were three of the less interesting pairs. It's going to be a good race!

I'm glad that the first three teams that have been eliminated were three of the less interesting pairs. It's going to be a good race!

Only two teams were eliminated.

I think I'm going to get really sick of the poker players. They are incredibly self-absored. I'm already sick of the Bahston couple. The only thing I liked about the poker players was when one them said she thought the Boston "lawyer" was too dumb to actually be a lawyer. I agree.

Only two teams were eliminated.

I think I'm going to get really sick of the poker players. They are incredibly self-absored. I'm already sick of the Bahston couple. The only thing I liked about the poker players was when one them said she thought the Boston "lawyer" was too dumb to actually be a lawyer. I agree.

not to disparage my own profession, but he looks sounds and acts like a lawyer to me. I'm going to watch it just hoping he gets boounced.

Oh man, I felt really bad for that team....that being said, I'd rather have my shot at the race and lose on the first elimination as opposed to never having the shot at all, you know?

Somewhere I saw an article that even after an elimination they can still race another couple legs to keep that may come across the race guessing as to who is still in it.

Somewhere I saw an article that even after an elimination they can still race another couple legs to keep that may come across the race guessing as to who is still in it.

That would be a pretty cool thing to let them do, cause I know that a lot of the teams are in it just as much for the experience of seeing the world as they are the money.

I just wish that CBS would release more of the past seasons on DVD or have them available online to watch. I sent them an email saying something like, "you have an award winning show, you should make it available!", but never got anywhere with it. I've rented a few of the past seasons from netflix and saw one or two others on the Fox reality channel, but there's still a handful of races that I've never seen.

What a great first episode. I love the Japanese game show.

I can't remember and have already deleted the episode, was the game show an official Road Block? Meaning, did they show them opening the envelopes and deciding who was going to eat?

I do like that the poker players were already figured out, rather than letting them continue their fib about who they are any longer.

I do like that the poker players were already figured out, rather than letting them continue their fib about who they are any longer.

Yep, I thought that was pretty funny. Goes to show how big poker has become, though, when you are getting recognized by someone half way around the world.

I can't remember and have already deleted the episode, was the game show an official Road Block? Meaning, did they show them opening the envelopes and deciding who was going to eat?

No it wasn't. I can't remember how they decided who would eat. Kinda felt sorry for the Asian poker girl having to do it again when she couldn't finish the first bomb in time.

I didn't think they had to be found out though. From what they showed, all the one girl had to do was deny it when that traveler guy asked. Maybe her ego took over and she acknowledged because she was happy she was recognized. She could have just said that she wasn't the poker player.