how/where did you meet your g/f, wife/ significant other?

drinkTHEkoolaid

Met 30 years ago at college, we were introduced during the first of 2 "coed weekends" at Niagara University during mid January. We hung out and that was it. Eventually we ended up together on St. Pattys day (she is hugely Irish, one of 15 kids, the Otooles of Long Island). Been married for 27 years now. Not one complaint (so far)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind date. A friend of mine who I used to play softball with was dating my wife's friend and those two introduced us. Didn't really like eachother at first. She thought I was full of myself, I thought she was stand-offish and boring. Ten years later, I realize I outkicked my coverage by a lot when I married her.

(Before Beerball can get his stupid dig in) "She must still be blind to be married to me." :censored:

Back in '78, 22 and just out of the Marines, my first job was a BOCES bus driver in WNY. She was a senior in HS, taking a food service vocation class. We celebrate our 30th wedding Anni next March.

Then, it was a cute love story. Today, I'd be wearin' an ankle bracelet on parole..

April 1966. I was a senior in high school (17) and it was her 16th birthday. Was at the Southside Bar on Se neca St. in South Buffalo, a friend of mine was with a band playing there. I was going to ask someone else to dance but as I walked up the band started to play and the girl I was going to ask turned away and I saw her. That was it..Norwegian Wood by the Beatles was the song. It was one vicious cold night and I walked her home. Figured if I was going to get THAT cold for any woman I ought to marry her.

April 1966. I was a senior in high school (17) and it was her 16th birthday. Was at the Southside Bar on Se neca St. in South Buffalo, a friend of mine was with a band playing there. I was going to ask someone else to dance but as I walked up the band started to play and the girl I was going to ask turned away and I saw her. That was it..Norwegian Wood by the Beatles was the song. It was one vicious cold night and I walked her home. Figured if I was going to get THAT cold for any woman I ought to marry her.

And she hasn't thawed out in over 40 years. :thumbsup:

April 1966. I was a senior in high school (17) and it was her 16th birthday. Was at the Southside Bar on Se neca St. in South Buffalo, a friend of mine was with a band playing there. I was going to ask someone else to dance but as I walked up the band started to play and the girl I was going to ask turned away and I saw her. That was it..Norwegian Wood

Didn't realize you were a Viking. :thumbsup: Nice story.