For those who think the Bills are a mess ...

dave mcbride

Who tinkled in your cornflakes?!

It is a tradition (of sorts), a right of passage that dates back to before these guys were "multi-millionaires". You were hazed when you were a rookie...now you get to do the hazing sort of thing. Just because it never became a part of the culture of other professions means nothing. Although the NFL has become much more a of a "professional" business over the last decade, it is what it is. Young men being paid to play a sport...It doesn't merit the same professionalism or decorum of the above referenced professions...

Right or wrong...its an ingrained part of the culture of the sport/league.

I have to agree it is supremely stupid, despite it being a tradition.

I think Coye Francies overreacted. After all, he should know it is part of being a rookie, and it isn't personal. But that doesn't mean the whole hazing tradition isn't stupid and uncalled for.

I have to agree it is supremely stupid, despite it being a tradition.

I think Coye Francies overreacted. After all, he should know it is part of being a rookie, and it isn't personal. But that doesn't mean the whole hazing tradition isn't stupid and uncalled for.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. As amusing as it may be it is stupid. And your right, he did overreact.

BUT (you knew it was coming)

Why compare the practice of hazing in football to the concept of hazing in more professional professions. Its like comparing apples and oranges...furthermore, why complain about something we have NO control over and really doesn't affect us beyond having to determine whether to read articles pertaining to it.