Obamacare: Buy insurance or go to jail!

UBinVA

I know that's the case far too often and it could be solved very quickly by not allowing insurance companies to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions, much the same way they could eliminate people losing their health care by taking employers completely out of the equation.

Insurance companies obviously have a very powerful lobby, as do trial lawyers. The average American simply doesn't.

Darin,

Definitely agree that reducing the ability of the insurance companies to game the system would help. What controls would you put in to keep people from gaming it the other way?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "gaming it the other way"?

I mean young, healthy people not getting insurance until they have a major health issue.

You've already answered the question in your earlier posts in this thread. (Not requiring hospitals to treat those who can't pay and requiring (strongly suggesting?) all to have catastrophic insurance.) So, as Emily Lutella used to say "nevermind." :lol:

I mean young, healthy people not getting insurance until they have a major health issue.

You've already answered the question in your earlier posts in this thread. (Not requiring hospitals to treat those who can't pay and requiring (strongly suggesting?) all to have catastrophic insurance.) So, as Emily Lutella used to say "nevermind." :lol:

Better yet, take it out of their federal payroll withholding with penalty for administration if they don't sign up.

Darin,

Definitely agree that reducing the ability of the insurance companies to game the system would help. What controls would you put in to keep people from gaming it the other way?

Forget eliminating health care- just eliminate people :blink: