for all you Keith Ellison haters.....

bbillsfan87

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...2c-3fc1f48ae502

ranks among league leaders in tackles so far this season......not too bad

I know, bbillsfan87, but i think mostly people around here that are critical of him are concerned where he makes those takles (ie, downfield) and also his problems in pass coverage.

I am not a hater and like that he is making tackles...but i would not have minded an upgrade somewhere along the (time) line.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...2c-3fc1f48ae502

ranks among league leaders in tackles so far this season......not too bad

When your man catches the ball 30 times, I hope you would have close to 30 tackles. Ellison would have 5 tackles if he was lockdown in coverage. If you dont believe me go back and watch the games. Ellison is the worst starter on this team (yes I am including newly appointed starter Jonathan Scott).

I know, bbillsfan87, but i think mostly people around here that are critical of him are concerned where he makes those takles (ie, downfield) and also his problems in pass coverage.

I am not a hater and like that he is making tackles...but i would not have minded an upgrade somewhere along the (time) line.

Exactly, tackles as a statistic are almost totally worthless as far as stats go because they don't take into account where the tackles were made. Both Poz (yes Poz) and Ellison have a habit of making tackles 5 to 10 yards down field. Gee, that's great, you make 10 tackles a game after the guy has a first down. Awesome.

Ellison is not the worst starting LB in the league. But he's close.

When your man catches the ball 30 times, I hope you would have close to 30 tackles. Ellison would have 5 tackles if he was lockdown in coverage. If you dont believe me go back and watch the games. Ellison is the worst starter on this team (yes I am including newly appointed starter Jonathan Scott).

i agree with this with him blowing the coverage on watson twice in two drives on MNF. and thats somethin that i think he can work on....but other than coverage i think he's filled in nicely...good with run support.

I have never been an Ellison hater as you put it, but I do think he is too small and is more suited as a backup than a full time starter. That position on the Bills defense could have and should have been upgraded during the off season. What he has accomplished, in my mind has made him an overachiever if anything, he looks like a boy among men out on the field on sundays.

like other people have said, having a lot of tackles does not always equate to a player doing well.

you're right, it doesn't, but let me ask you a question, has he not been making tackles near the line of scrimmage so far this year? Does he not seem more aggressive? Doesn't it appear that his tackles have been with more pop?

you're right, it doesn't, but let me ask you a question, has he not been making tackles near the line of scrimmage so far this year? Does he not seem more aggressive? Doesn't it appear that his tackles have been with more pop?

he's made quite a few plays at the line of scrimmage and even behind the line of scrimmage. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by his run defense play. And yes, he appears to actually be sticking people this year.