Big Hit

Dante

Like to have this guy on my blue line. Looked clean as far as puck possession and elbow go. Reminds me a little of Campbells hit on Umberger

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/sports/hock...hit/41274245001

Must admit I do not watch near as much wetsern conference as you prolly do, but he had a bad year last year no??/ Maybe this a sign he getting it back together?

Like to have this guy on my blue line. Looked clean as far as puck possession and elbow go. Reminds me a little of Campbells hit on Umberger

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/sports/hock...hit/41274245001

Considering Phaneuf is one of the top 10 d-men in the league, I'd say "who can we give you for a 10-year blue line anchor D-man"?

I would probably trade anyone but Miller for Phaneuf.

yup. Hard to trade Miller. When I watch him play I think he is one of the top 5 in the league. But Dion is a top 5 dman. It would take that to get him. Not like either the Sabres or Flames are looking to move these guys though.

We could have drafted him...

I have no problem with the Vanek pick. Really, every pick in front of Phaneuf has had a good career so far. It's not like we're talking about taking a guy like Kryukov with that pick. The big question I always come up with from that draft is how Suter and Coburn went immediately before Phaneuf, especially knowing that Atlanta has since traded Coburn for Alexi Zhitnik. <_<

By the way, I absolutely love the first round of that draft.

I have no problem with the Vanek pick. Really, every pick in front of Phaneuf has had a good career so far. It's not like we're talking about taking a guy like Kryukov with that pick. The big question I always come up with from that draft is how Suter and Coburn went immediately before Phaneuf, especially knowing that Atlanta has since traded Coburn for Alexi Zhitnik. <_<

By the way, I absolutely love the first round of that draft.

I still have heartburn with it because guys with Dion's skill set are once in a generation. You simply shut down the ice for 30 minutes every night. I love Vanek but great defensemen just don't come along that often.

I still have heartburn with it because guys with Dion's skill set are once in a generation. You simply shut down the ice for 30 minutes every night. I love Vanek but great defensemen just don't come along that often.

Falling back on a guy who just put up 40 goals in an injury shortened season does make it a bit easier though. I can't help but come back to Suter and Coburn though. I don't remember what the draft board looked like back in 2003, but if the team had decided to go D instead, it doesn't seem all that likely that they would've taken Phaneuf. Suter and Coburn seem to fit the mold of defensemen this team was drafting at that time.