no wonder ravens suck part deux

tennesseeboy

I really didn't have a problem with drafting Maybin, but I wasn't aware of the problems we had at tackle, and expect the bills should have put that into their assessment. I expect Maybin to be a real asset. I just find the Ravens interesting as they drafted the guy I had hoped the Bills would draft (Ngata) and just picked up a guy I've expected (so far hasn't panned out as I expected) to start in Kelly Washington. The Ravens are becoming my second favorite team...after the Bills of course.

I really didn't have a problem with drafting Maybin, but I wasn't aware of the problems we had at tackle, and expect the bills should have put that into their assessment. I expect Maybin to be a real asset. I just find the Ravens interesting as they drafted the guy I had hoped the Bills would draft (Ngata) and just picked up a guy I've expected (so far hasn't panned out as I expected) to start in Kelly Washington. The Ravens are becoming my second favorite team...after the Bills of course.

I thought the Bills should have taken Oher as well, but glad I was wrong and that they took Maybin and then Wood with their two 1st-round picks. Clearly, the Bills (rightly) believed they solved their problems at left tackle by unloading the lazy lard-ass Jason Peters - who, at the exorbitantly over-payed price of 60M+, has continued his downward spiral allowing 2 sacks in each of the Eagles first 2 games - and replacing him with the highly promising 2nd-year Demetrius Bell.

Looks like they're adding depth at both OT positions as well, with this week's signing of Jamon Meredith and Andre Ramsey. Funny, what many thought would be the Bills 'Achilles Heel' this season - the O-Line - may turn out to be the biggest surprise! :devil:

GO BILLSSS!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :rolleyes:

I like the Maybin choice. Who knows if he's going to be great as of yet. He needs playing time to show that.

I do too, but it's still way too early to tell. Pass rushers are not found in abundance, and the Bills took the one they felt was best. Problem is, most fans expect a first round pick to be instant impact and when they're not, they look for someone playing better at the moment. Vince Young vs. Mario Williams is a perfect example.

NFL rookies generally need 1-2 years to develop, other than perhaps RB's who rely on instincts and physical ability. Most other positions, including DE, need to build strength and learn how to beat blockers with more than just speed.

My god are people really this dense. Every year we have a new stud LT or something that gets high praise in the media. Michael Oher, Joe Thomas, Jake Long....etc...

Can someone name the last DE who produced in their rookie year to get high praise in the media? I can't think of one. Can anyone else? Only articles I recall are bust articles. Hell it took Mario Williams 3 years to do anything worth while and now everything thinks he is a pro bowler.

The bottom line is that it is easier for Offensive Lineman to make a difference in year 1 than it is a DE.

Why can't people be happy with our draft. We shored up the interior of the Oline and found a steal in DBell. This line is going to be a brusier for years to come. If you can't see that now then you don't understand football.

The jury is still out on Maybin but he looked pretty good in Preseason. He hasn't done much during the regular season but he does bring intensity. He also has made a few nice tackles in the run game. No sacks yet but they will come and he has come close. Besides his snaps are limited at this point compared to the preseason.

Think before posting something stupid please. 6 people passed on Adrian Peterson. OMG 11 people passed on Patrick Willis.

LIKE NO WAY.