So far I'm wrong

timba

I was one of those who was very worried about this team after preseason. I realize preseason doesn't tell the story of the team, but seriously that was sad. Anyways, this is what I was wrong about.

1. Offensive Line - The line did not look very special during the preseason. Getting pushed up into Trent often and really not showing any 'gel'. I also thought it was too early for D-Bell and getting rid of LW was a mistake. So far this season the line has assisted in the Bills having the 5th ranked RB in yardage and the 4th ranked passer by rating.

2. Trent - He didn't show any signs that he had changed from last year. No deep passes at all, untimely mistakes, and almost disturbed in the pocket. So far he's tossed 2 td's in each of his first two games, helped put the team in a position to FINALLY beat those blasted Pats*, and has looked comfortable running the no-huddle.

3. Run D - It is essentially the same front seven as last year, and boy have they stepped it up. Kudo's go out to Kyle Williams and Ellison. Williams has been a menace to opposing O-lines and Ellison has been a tackling machine (27). Currently holding teams to under 70 yds/game on the ground.

4. Dick Jauron - I thought he was going to be completely lifeless on the sidelines for a fourth consecutive season, but did you see him against TB? The hoody and shades (even went the sun wasn't shining) and I think he even smiled once!

So yeah... I've been wrong on these points so far. It's still early in the year, and I'd like to see how we do against some playoff caliber teams (NE has looked less than impressive so far and the Buc's... well yeah). This is all somewhat reminiscent of last year, Schonert had the offense scoring points and starting out with an impressive 5-1, so I'm not saying my 'hopes are up', but I do have hope!

GO BILLS!