Well, that's nice but why not the Buffalo News?

Beerball

Link

Piper recently helped the Buffalo Bills put together a special commemorative edition of The New York Times for last month’s induction of Bills owner Ralph Wilson into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Piper created a 25-page newspaper filled with stories about the Bills from the last 50 years as they originally appeared in The New York Times.

Nice thought, but, WTF would the Bills put together a commemorative edition of the NYT for Ralphy? Doesn't using News and even old Courier Express articles make more sense? :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was going to buy that at Tops but then I noticed it was the NY Times. You are correct. Why the heck not the Buffalo News or the Courier Express? Heck of alot more material I would imagine.

Actually, I hate to pile on the organizations ineptitude and it may not be all their fault but I think they blew the 50th Anniversary Celebration big time. Probably the sponsors fault also but most of the stuff out there is kind of junky and they missed out on a bunch of stuff fans like me would like to have.

First, the team store informed me that the Bills did not print a media guide, just a CD-Rom. 50th Anniversary and they stop printing the media guide to save a few bucks, That leaves the collection at 49/50. Saddens me.

Not only could there be a reprint newspaper deal, there could be an entire book of newspaper headlines, articles and photos. I am thinking coffee table size book. Would have been cool. Speaking of books, there is no 50th Anniversary Book at all. I was thinking there would be a 50th Anniversary edition of Relentless or something similar.

Where is the 5oth Anniversary All-Time Team Poster? I have one from the 1984 25th Anniversary All Time Team. Would have looked good framed and hung next to each other on the wall.

Tops. Sad. No giveaways or anything of the sort. Cheap looking yet expensive merchandise. Mostly all TO stuff. Crummy 8x10 Matted photos of Thurman Thomas for $20. Looked photocopied. Back in the day, Bells Supermarket gave away stuff every Bills season. Cards, 8x10 photos, Whammy Weenies. Where is all the free stuff? Even a few years ago Tops sold bobbleheads. 50th Anniversary Bobbleheads with the throwback unis? Who's not buying those? Too bad they don't exist. 50th Anniversary All Time Team Card Set? Nope. They went nuts with Sabres coins and medallions the last few years but nothing of the sort for the Bills.

You can buy Rockpile Ice Cream for 5 bucks. The pretzels were stale, probably left over from the Rockpile. Lots of beer cans with the 50th Logo slapped on them. The history DVD is OK but some of the stuff they said is in, well, it isn't. The Historical Society 50th Anniversary Bills exhibit is pretty cool. Costs $6 to see it. That was worth it. That's about it though. Pretty weak overall.

First, the team store informed me that the Bills did not print a media guide, just a CD-Rom. 50th Anniversary and they stop printing the media guide to save a few bucks, That leaves the collection at 49/50. Saddens me.

Take it into work and print it out.