So why is it

that the President won't appear on FOX network?

If FOX is really the #1 cable news network in viewership; and

if the President believes part of his role is to communicate his policies and objectives to the nation; and

if the President truly believes in non-partisan politics; and

if the President wants to engage the nation in meaningful debate on a range of topics; then....

Sorry guys, not good enough to explain why the President who goes everywhere to say everything to everyone won't muster up the stones to appear on FOX. (Yeah, I know, it's his people that run the campaign trail show.) If the FOX talking heads are so bad, won't the President shine in their presence?

Sorry guys, not good enough to explain why the President who goes everywhere to say everything to everyone won't muster up the stones to appear on FOX. (Yeah, I know, it's his people that run the campaign trail show.) If the FOX talking heads are so bad, won't the President shine in their presence?

If he were a Republican... say kinda like Sarah Palin, would you recommend him being interviewed by Katie Couric or for that matter anyone on CBS News? I wouldn't and look at the results. Faux Spews is bought and paid for by the insurance companies and since the plan is still being worked out, I, as a political adviser wouldn't give Faux Spews the time of day, especially since they refused to cover his last couple of prime time speeches. Foget about it. How hard is that to figure out or are you that politically stupid.

According to ABC News, one reason he didn't go on Fox is because during one of his last prime-time press conferences, Fox opted to not cover it, and instead ran one of its shows like "Dancing with Stars" or some such crap. They are also the most critical of him, and while it's pretty clear Fox is a heavy right-wing based news agency, the fact of the matter is they played a role in the 9/12 tea parties, Van Jones getting outed as a loon and axed, and shoving ACORN straight up the ass of the left. There was NO WAY Obama would escape 15 minutes of interviews without getting him off topic, whatever that topic is these days.

On Friday, Chris Wallace called the White House "the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington," saying they are constantly emailing him, complaining about the people he has on his Sunday show.

This, of course, led to the WH suggesting that Fox is "whiny," as was so well written in this incredibly inspiring story from ABC News.

When I saw the ABC article, I realized that the administration somehow feels invincible right now, but I would argue they're making a really, really bad mistake. Stuff like Van Jones, ACORN, and this new routine with NEA that is starting to gain speed may all be trivial to the WH, but the polls are plummeting across the board and behaving like a 12-year-old girl with one of the largest news agency in the country is pretty stupid.

For someone as "smart" as you sometimes are, please dont tell me you buy that bunk that "Fox lies.....but all the other networks are fair."

Read my argument, despite my shot at FOX, I put in the analogy of the Katie Couric debacle as how not to do it. In this case there were a lot of reasons to send FOX a message both politically and because of air time. Forget about what I perceive as consistent lies and the pure partisanship of Fox nationally would prevent me from advising Obama to appear on their National Station. That being said if the shoe were on the other foot, I would consider the same strategy with CBS and possibly MSNBC too.

I dunno....the way I see it, the President is playing a PR game and he can move his soapbox to whatever part of the room he wants.

Exactly and so are FOX and for that matter CBS and MSNBC... duh... There is no such thing as fair and balanced in the NEWs and probably never was. There may have been greater independence at one time or another, but even that assertion is suspect. Look who owned the News agencies over history in the US and re-think what you mean by independent news on all sides.

Exactly and so are FOX and for that matter CBS and MSNBC... duh... There is no such thing as fair and balanced in the NEWs and probably never was. There may have been greater independence at one time or another, but even that assertion is suspect. Look who owned the News agencies over history in the US and re-think what you mean by independent news on all sides.

"Remember the Maine".

I dunno....the way I see it, the President is playing a PR game and he can move his soapbox to whatever part of the room he wants.

I still think it's stupid and childish for the WH to not only piss/moan about Fox, but use ABC as a vehicle to deliver your pissing/moaning. It would be the height of stupidity, but that gets bookmarked for Joe Biden, who yesterday said the GOP will kill the president's agenda if they manage to take 35 seats in 2010. Someone needs to remind Joe that they own the house and senate.

Hey Joe, the only people standing in the way of your agenda is your party. You have everything you need to push your agenda through before November next year and none 2010 won't really matter, right?

Right? :thumbsup:

So is the problem that Fox invited him and he said no?

Fox doesn't like to air his speeches etc so I don't know why he'd want to drive up their ratings or validate them.

I got a kick of out of the recent to-do over the tea parties - Fox aired ads claiming no-other station, particularly CNN, covered them. CNN rebutted with clips of the coverage and the new slogan "Fox Distorts...." etc. Pretty funny.

I still think it's stupid and childish for the WH to not only piss/moan about Fox, but use ABC as a vehicle to deliver your pissing/moaning. It would be the height of stupidity, but that gets bookmarked for Joe Biden, who yesterday said the GOP will kill the president's agenda if they manage to take 35 seats in 2010. Someone needs to remind Joe that they own the house and senate.

Hey Joe, the only people standing in the way of your agenda is your party. You have everything you need to push your agenda through before November next year and none 2010 won't really matter, right?

Right? :lol:

NEWSFLASH... McFly, HELLO McFLY:

It is called politics for a reason.

:thumbsup:

You just don't like it because they may win the PR debate with their tactics... You are the one who sounds like they are pissing and moaning.

:thumbsup::lol:

Just like the good old days early on in American history... News outlets should be expected to take sides! None of this BS that has existed since the advent of wireless (radio for all you newbies... :blush: ) and TV

NEWSFLASH... McFly, HELLO McFLY:

It is called politics for a reason.

:thumbsup:

You just don't like it because they may win the PR debate with their tactics... You are the one who sounds like they are pissing and moaning.

You would be mistaken. There is one pony in this race: the economy. Nothing else they do...nothing...will help them if unemployment hovers at 10-11%. Nothing.

You would be mistaken. There is one pony in this race: the economy. Nothing else they do...nothing...will help them if unemployment hovers at 10-11%. Nothing.

I agree and so be it... He is SOL if things rebound after him. Things can't alwys go "up" stuff must come down... Sometimes down far in order to be built up again. IMO, we are in one of those times... Especially with all the Boomers starting to retire, things will rebound naturally.

I agree and so be it... He is SOL if things rebound after him. Things can't alwys go "up" stuff must come down... Sometimes down far in order to be built up again. IMO, we are in one of those times... Especially with all the Boomers starting to retire, things will rebound naturally.

Which is why telling everyone the stimulus bill would hold unemployment at 8% was a big mistake.