Woohooh it's fall

dib

Yeah, but Chef was talking about the City. Generally, as you leave EssEff you can watch the thermometer go up as you cross the bridges into OakTown or Marin - by the time you get to Walnut Creek it's hot, Pleasanton is sweltering, and Livermore is scorching.

I work from home a lot. Officially its 98, but my car thermometer said it was 100. SF is 79. Monterey is 65 though.

I have seen a bigger heat gradient though. If you drive through the Caldecott Tunnel (it goes through the hills in Oakland where the big fire was in 1991). The Oakland side can be foggy and 65 and the other side of the tunnel is perfectly sunny and 90 (less than a half mile away).

I was cleaning out my truck last night, found 8 ice scrapers, and 1 snow brush.

A very sad sight this morning when I saw that Mrs. Bullpen had dug a scraper/brush out of the coat closet to use. Even sadder that I had to don the Carhart jacket today to go to work. <_<

I work from home a lot. Officially its 98, but my car thermometer said it was 100. SF is 79. Monterey is 65 though.

I have seen a bigger heat gradient though. If you drive through the Caldecott Tunnel (it goes through the hills in Oakland where the big fire was in 1991). The Oakland side can be foggy and 65 and the other side of the tunnel is perfectly sunny and 90 (less than a half mile away).

You got that right. My favorite is the Waldo Tunnel (AKA the Rainbow Tunnel) on US 101 in Marin County. If you are traveling from SF going north, you can often enter the tunnel in total fog/windy/cold and come out the other side where it is sunny and warm. The thing is, the tunnel is very short. This is pretty much it:

http://www.westcoastroads.com/california/i...exit_443_04.jpg

http://www.westcoastroads.com/california/i...exit_443_05.jpg

Of course, on the way back to the city, traveling south, the experience is just the opposite.