Trent and Freddie not the only ones to shine

Rayzer32

I know it's only the second game for AVP as OC, but this guy seems to have started ahead of the learning curve. He has been much better than that other guy we had in just these two games. He will get the WRs more involved as he stated himself after the game, and he can only get better the more experience he gets I would hope. Apparently the other guy never advanced in that category. Other than getting the WRs more involved, the offense is still a little predictable in certain situations (like 2nd downs) as they still run too much, but I did notice a little less of that today. I have great expectations for AVP and his offense as the season progresses.

This is putting the cart way before the horse, but could he be DJs replacement someday?

I know it's only the second game for AVP as OC, but this guy seems to have started ahead of the learning curve. He has been much better than that other guy we had in just these two games. He will get the WRs more involved as he stated himself after the game, and he can only get better the more experience he gets I would hope. Apparently the other guy never advanced in that category. Other than getting the WRs more involved, the offense is still a little predictable in certain situations (like 2nd downs) as they still run too much, but I did notice a little less of that today. I have great expectations for AVP and his offense as the season progresses.

This is putting the cart way before the horse, but could he be DJs replacement someday?

AVP has made a noticeable mark on this offense in terms of gettig it going. I am glad to hear he knows he needs to get the WR's more involved because our schedule just gets harder and we will need them much more involved to make the playoffs this year...but all in all, a very encouraging start for him.

Things he needs to fix:

1. Get WR's more involved

2. Teach Trent an audible that isnt a run

3. Figure out how to use the middle of the field more

I agree and am really excited about AVP's potential but let's not forget that eventually DCords will have more film on him. So as the curve goes for AVP so will it go for the rest of the league.

I agree and am really excited about AVP's potential but let's not forget that eventually DCords will have more film on him. So as the curve goes for AVP so will it go for the rest of the league.

And this is where I hope the real difference between AVP and Turd shows up. Turd's offensive gameplan was the exact same thing week after week. He never seemed to add any new wrinkles to what was already a pitiful, one dimensional offense.

If AVP can make adjustments to what other teams defenses run, i.e. the 3-4 or the 4-3 and change up the offense here and there, then he should be here awhile calling plays.

AVP has made a noticeable mark on this offense in terms of gettig it going. I am glad to hear he knows he needs to get the WR's more involved because our schedule just gets harder and we will need them much more involved to make the playoffs this year...but all in all, a very encouraging start for him.

Things he needs to fix:

1. TO and Lee each had a long TD pass down the sideline. Each also dropped a big play ball.

2. Nothing wrong with pounding the run when your back is ripping of 168 yards @ 5.8 yards per carry.

3. Trent utilizes the middle of the field effectively, consistently moving the chains on passes underneath all during the 4th quarter FG drive, and setting up the big play to TO later at the same time. I think Josh Reed had 2 big receptions in the middle on 3rd down - may have been three.

4. This is not fantasy football.

It brings to mind the old cliche: if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

The rest of the league is already experienced. AVP isn't. And he will have the same opportunity to view tapes on other teams. Advantage of gaining experience clearly in AVP's favor.

1. TO and Lee each had a long TD pass down the sideline. Each also dropped a big play ball.

2. Nothing wrong with pounding the run when your back is ripping of 168 yards @ 5.8 yards per carry.

3. Trent utilizes the middle of the field effectively, consistently moving the chains on passes underneath all during the 4th quarter FG drive, and setting up the big play to TO later at the same time. I think Josh Reed had 2 big receptions in the middle on 3rd down - may have been three.

4. This is not fantasy football.

It brings to mind the old cliche: if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

1. Only you could possible think we are using our WR's enough. Even AVP himself said after the game he needs to get the WR's more involved. Take away the 2 catches for TD's and you wouldnt hardly notice our WR's were in the game. And FYI, the drop by Evans was not a drop, the defender knocked the ball away...watch the replay.

2. His audibles are more often than not predictable...no biggie, but most were runs last game and this game. Just needs to mix it up more to keep them off their toes better.

3. Um, we neglect the middle of the field. Based on your previous threads and confrontational approach, its probably not worth the time to try and discuss how we can use the middle better (as it specifically pertains to the wideouts). But I will say this, 2 passes to Reed doesnt equal using the middle of the field effectively for an entire game.

definitely doing a solid job...no surprise when you consider he's the smartest QB we've had since Kelly

However, I have to wonder how it is we didn't run a fade pattern in the endzone to T.O. at all. Very simple play and very hard to defend when you have a tall WR like Terrell who can go up above the defender to get the ball

Guest dog14787

Things he needs to fix:

In the first 2 games Buffalo's WR's have accounted for 13 receptions, 201 yards and 2 TD's

Buffaloes TE's, 12 receptions, 129 yards and 1 TD,

RB (Fred Jackson) 11 receptions 108 yards receieving and 1 TD

Very evenly distributed in my opinion.

Meanwhile Fred Jackson has also rushed for 220 yards and averaging 5.1 yards a carry. (Trents Audibles are fine)

Note: Trent Edwards recently made reference to Fred Jackson as being one of his biggest weapons on the Bills offense and for good reason. So far this season Buffalo has 714 yards of offense rushing and receiving. Fred Jackson has 338 of them total yards.

definitely doing a solid job...no surprise when you consider he's the smartest QB we've had since Kelly

However, I have to wonder how it is we didn't run a fade pattern in the endzone to T.O. at all. Very simple play and very hard to defend when you have a tall WR like Terrell who can go up above the defender to get the ball

Agreed. We were talking about this exact point at the game wondering why they were not calling this play. When they were in the red zone at one point TO was lined up against a much smaller DB who he could have easily out jumped on a corner fade. Saw this mismatch more than once. They kept trying the short over the middle passes in the red zone it seemed.