The First Lady enters the Health Care fray

The Poojer

I am completely offended by her remarks.

I cannot be in that much of a minority, but in my personal history, my wife, at the time always had the better health care options with her companies that she worked for, therefore she was always the primary insured......throughout our time together. I was, and still am, the one that usually took care of the doctor's appointments and staying home with sick kids, when we were together, I was always able to get the time off easier than she was, and now that we are divorced, the kids are primarily with me, so that falls to me as well.

I cannot be the only male in this position, and I know several others personally that are in similar positions. I cannot stand the generalizations here and am pretty offended by it.....but I will keep my mouth shut from here out to avoid being labeled racist or sexist

:lol::lol::lol:

I cannot be in that much of a minority, but in my personal history, my wife, at the time always had the better health care options with her companies that she worked for, therefore she was always the primary insured......throughout our time together. I was, and still am, the one that usually took care of the doctor's appointments and staying home with sick kids, when we were together, I was always able to get the time off easier than she was, and now that we are divorced, the kids are primarily with me, so that falls to me as well.

I cannot be the only male in this position, and I know several others personally that are in similar positions. I cannot stand the generalizations here and am pretty offended by it.....but I will keep my mouth shut from here out to avoid being labeled racist or sexist

:bag::wallbash:;)

To late. You raised doubts about a Obama Statement/policy/proposed legislation. The only possible explanation is you are racist, sexiest, jingoist, and well, just not very bright.

:bag::wallbash:;)

Yeh, gotta agree it is pretty annoying, but she is pandering to the soccer moms who suck this stuff and think that they are unique. :ph34r:

I'm sure you'd be just as offended if she tried to speak on behalf of men in your situation. Because, whereas she is a wife and mother, she is not a man or a father. That would be "pandering" wouldn't it - at the very minimum. I have the feeling that she and her husband just offend you on general principle, period, for whatever reasons known only to you.

By the way these days if both parents work, and both have health care available thru work - you usually MUST be on your own policy through work or be prepared to pay through the nose if you are eligible for coverage but opt to be added to another's policy. It's outrageous.

I have the feeling that she and her husband just offend you on general principle, period, for whatever reasons known only to you.

No one agrees with her or her husband because they're black. Apparently you didn't get the memo. You may want to ensure the DNC has your correct email address.

By the way these days if both parents work, and both have health care available thru work - you usually MUST be on your own policy through work or be prepared to pay through the nose if you are eligible for coverage but opt to be added to another's policy. It's outrageous.

You're an idiot. I am not the primary insured and it would be WAY more expensive to be insured on my own company's plan.

I'm sure you'd be just as offended if she tried to speak on behalf of men in your situation. Because, whereas she is a wife and mother, she is not a man or a father. That would be "pandering" wouldn't it - at the very minimum. I have the feeling that she and her husband just offend you on general principle, period, for whatever reasons known only to you.

"Michelle Obama said women are being “crushed by the current structure of our health care” because they often are responsible for taking care of family illnesses, arranging checkups and monitoring follow-up care.

“Women are the ones to do it,” she said to an audience of 140 people, including representatives from groups such as the Women’s Chamber of Commerce and the National Council of Negro Women. “Mothers are the ones that do it. And many women find themselves doing the same thing for their spouses.”

Horse crap, that is my problem with this statement and yours and others like it. You and she are singling out one group in this case women as both the victims of the system and martyrs and P.S. I do most of the above as an increasing number of stay at home run a business out of my home do or have been laid off by the economic downturn, instead of saying I know a lot of you have these responsibilities.

However, that is beside the point, I get frustrated when the party of inclusion becomes exclusionary in its rhetoric and divides itself up. It has enough problems when others try and divide and conquer... I know this rhetoric is suppose to be supportive, but it is narrow minded as constructed and exclusionary and as the wife of the leader of the free world it should be about raising all ships not picking and choosing. If that is the case then why not become Republicans. They don't seem to have any conscience about picking winners and loosers.

However, that is beside the point, I get frustrated when the party of inclusion becomes exclusionary in its rhetoric and divides itself up. They don't seem to have any conscience about picking winners and loosers.

It took me a while to figure this out, but the current administration is absolutiely outstanding at taking one small, poor, terribly overlooked and victimized group, and blaming their problems on some other larger, higher-profile, easily demonized group. (i.e. Look at these poor 50 million uninsured Americans. Poor, poor uninsured Americans. You know who's to blame for their plight? The big, greedy, evil health insurance companies.)

They know nothing of, and care little for, the individual; only groups they can pit against each other. Which is unfortunate, because in the end, we're not groups of anything, but individuals who make up America. Lost on them completely these days.

.....but I will keep my mouth shut from here out to avoid being labeled racist or sexist

Dude,

Are you Jimmy Carter?

They annoy me for the same reasons you do. Damn woman, I had no idea you was black.

Transcript ...... can't say I found any of this offensive. I have never liked First Ladies giving policy speeches however...but this reads pretty tame to me.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20015066/Michell...TranscriptVideo

Anybody fact check it?

5th paragraph and yes it is offensive because of the segregationist mentality of the statement. In the middle paragraph stating basically that women are the ones carry the burden (victimology) especially ironic because of the activism of espoused by the left for equal treatment and inclusion. You can't have it both ways and the ultra left and right are constantly excluding people. This is just an example of the left doing it.

I decline my work provided health and dental insurance every year, and get an extra $1000/annual pay for it.

I, my wife, and my daughter are all on my wife's policy, who not only has a better plan, but also gets her insurance free.

I, as a lowly man, also share with my overburdened wife the responsibility to make phone calls to the doctor to get our daughter appointments.