Audibles

CAVEDAWG

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards resembled Peyton Manning (a little) and you could tell the no huddle(and good audibles) was having an unsettling effect on the Pats defense.

I was wrong about the no huddle and was pleasantly surprised at how well our young O-line handled it.

I thought Trent did a great job with his audibles on Monday Night!! Any thoughts?

one thing i noticed though is he only audibled to a pass play maybe once or twice and he made quite a few audibles. the audible to the run worked the few 3 or 4 times but the defense would adjust and react any time after that.

other than that i thought trent did a great job.

I thought Trent did a great job with his audibles on Monday Night!! Any thoughts?

Not only that, they did a much better job of running counters to previous plays. The broadcast did a good job of showing how the first TD play was a counter to a run by F-Jax earlier.

Successful and frequent countering opens up holes for everyone and slows the defense down, as do screens which we ran in abundance to my great delight.

I thought they changed up way too slow after the audibles allowing the defense to adjust as well. Plus the surprise was gone after he used them a couple of times resulting in stuffed runs, ie I got the feeling that the Pats* were understanding the schemes called just as good as the offense at a certain point.

trent was horrible with audibles. as if we should expect otherwise. i guess the surprise is he actually audibled. but almost every audible was a run to the left. peyton manning my !@#$ing ass

Guest dog14787
trent was horrible with audibles. as if we should expect otherwise. i guess the surprise is he actually audibled. but almost every audible was a run to the left. peyton manning my !@#$ing ass

I should start a fleet of alter Ego's and monopolize the whole board. :blink:

i was just excited to see an audible period. If i remember correctly, JP didn't have any audibles one of the seasons he was QB (how does that happen?)

it did seem however the audible took a while to be communicated and understood - especially if you use manning as the comparison. That will get better with time though.

I'll die of shock if he ever audibles to a pass, let alone identifying single coverage and sending Owens or Evans on a 9 route and heaving it up. I'm on the chat every week, and every time he does it I type "It's a run" and I'm never wrong.