Jags considering Superman

Chandler#81

No man love I just don't find the need to hate on someone just because I'm jealous of them. The guy has thrown for 70+ TD's and is only 5 rushing TD's behind Herschel Walker for the SEC rushing TD record. He has 2 national championships(so far) and 1 heisman(so far). When all is said and done barring injury Tebow will account for close to 150 TD's in less then 55 games. If you can't give the guy credit then you are a hater, plain and simple.

He has also thrown a TD in 30 STRAIGHT Games. It will be 31 this Saturday. :censored:

And when Tebow is a FB or TE in the NFL... will people really pay to see that?

Even though that's not nearly as likely as you think it is, I'll entertain the possibility for a moment:

As long as he continues to create offense as he has in college, and he's helping put points on the board, and the team wins more games because of it, then yes, they will.

Sooner or later, Fingon, you're going to have to admit that the guy is one of the greatest--if not the greatest--college football players ever. To think he has no game-changing ability in the NFL is more than a bit naive. His passing numbers are every bit as good as the other marquee QBs (Bradford, McCoy, Snead) likely to come out in the draft this year (except of course for passing yardage, since Florida as a whole--and Tebow himself--run the ball quite a bit more than the Big 12 teams), and he plays against a much, much higher level of defensive competition than the Big 12.

But as I've sworn to do in this debate, I'll let time prove me right/wrong, even if you refuse to do so.

Even though that's not nearly as likely as you think it is, I'll entertain the possibility for a moment:

As long as he continues to create offense as he has in college, and he's helping put points on the board, and the team wins more games because of it, then yes, they will.

Sooner or later, Fingon, you're going to have to admit that the guy is one of the greatest--if not the greatest--college football players ever. To think he has no game-changing ability in the NFL is more than a bit naive. His passing numbers are every bit as good as the other marquee QBs (Bradford, McCoy, Snead) likely to come out in the draft this year (except of course for passing yardage, since Florida as a whole--and Tebow himself--run the ball quite a bit more than the Big 12 teams), and he plays against a much, much higher level of defensive competition than the Big 12.

But as I've sworn to do in this debate, I'll let time prove me right/wrong, even if you refuse to do so.

Good Post. Many Football Experts are already calling Tebow the BEST College player of ALL TIME.

We all know that collegiate success is an excellent predictor of future pro success especially at the QB position.

No one here is arguing about tebag's abilities at the collegiate level. But there are many people, from scouts to pundits who feel that tebag's game simply will not translate into NFL success. His ability as a pure passer (something you need to succeed at to win in the NFL) and passing mechanics are garbage. Most of his passes look like clay pigeons at a shooting range. In college, the talent level is so different (especially because the gators play a patty-cake schedule of 1-AA schools) that the deficiencies are masked. They won't be at the NFL level.

That being said, this would be a brilliant move on the part of the jags. Millions of toothless trailer-trash redneck gator fans (had to specify gator because those adjectives could easily be used to describe any SEC fan base) in northeast florida would face the tough decision of having to buy either a tebag jersey or another dale earnhardt jr sleeveless shirt.

We all know that collegiate success is an excellent predictor of future pro success especially at the QB position.

No one here is arguing about tebag's abilities at the collegiate level. But there are many people, from scouts to pundits who feel that tebag's game simply will not translate into NFL success. His ability as a pure passer (something you need to succeed at to win in the NFL) and passing mechanics are garbage. Most of his passes look like clay pigeons at a shooting range. In college, the talent level is so different (especially because the gators play a patty-cake schedule of 1-AA schools) that the deficiencies are masked. They won't be at the NFL level.

That being said, this would be a brilliant move on the part of the jags. Millions of toothless trailer-trash redneck gator fans (had to specify gator because those adjectives could easily be used to describe any SEC fan base) in northeast florida would face the tough decision of having to buy either a tebag jersey or another dale earnhardt jr sleeveless shirt.

There are just as many people (Jon Gruden, Bill Belichick, etc.) that feel that Tebow (you're allowed to show a tiny amount of class) can be very successful in the NFL as a QB. And while I appreciate the opinion of the "pundits", I trust Superbowl winning head coaches more.

But as I said, time will tell.

Tebow is a great college player, but he isn't a very good QB prospect. I could pull out countless criticisms of his decision making, accuracy, and throwing motion. His supreme leadership skills and athleticism will be what gets him drafted in the late first or early second day.

Many people see him converting to a FB or TE role, because he will struggle to play QB in the NFL. He either needs to sit and learn for 3-4 years, or convert to a position that uses his athleticism to its fullest. I could also see him playing wildcat QB. To say that he is as good as a prospect as McCoy, Bradford, or Snead is ridiculous. All three of those players are far more evolved as pocket passers.

Tebow is a great college player, but he isn't a very good QB prospect. I could pull out countless criticisms of his decision making, accuracy, and throwing motion. His supreme leadership skills and athleticism will be what gets him drafted in the late first or early second day.

Many people see him converting to a FB or TE role, because he will struggle to play QB in the NFL. He either needs to sit and learn for 3-4 years, or convert to a position that uses his athleticism to its fullest. I could also see him playing wildcat QB. To say that he is as good as a prospect as McCoy, Bradford, or Snead is ridiculous. All three of those players are far more evolved as pocket passers.

That's not what I said, what I said was that his passing numbers are definitely on par with those guys (except for yards, since Florida runs the ball more) and that he undeniably plays against a higher level of defensive competition. That's a simple fact based on statistics, not an opinion.

And as I've said many times, I don't care what "many people" (who's opinions you've never linked to) or scouting services like The Sporting News--who have nothing to lose by being wrong--think. All I know is that he's an offensive force in the toughest conference in college football, and that two former Superbowl winning head coaches feel he'll be a great NFL QB.

That's not what I said, what I said was that his passing numbers are definitely on par with those guys (except for yards, since Florida runs the ball more) and that he undeniably plays against a higher level of defensive competition. That's a simple fact based on statistics, not an opinion.

And as I've said many times, I don't care what "many people" (who's opinions you've never linked to) or scouting services like The Sporting News--who have nothing to lose by being wrong--think. All I know is that he's an offensive force in the toughest conference in college football, and that two former Superbowl winning head coaches feel he'll be a great NFL QB.

Do a simple forum search. I've linked to many newspaper stories which quote scouts working in NFL front offices. Also, I'd like to see where Bill Belichick said Tebow would be a great QB.

Do a simple forum search. I've linked to many newspaper stories which quote scouts working in NFL front offices. Also, I'd like to see where Bill Belichick said Tebow would be a great QB.

You mustn't want to see it that badly, since it took me all of 30 seconds to find a few links...

Here's one where Belichick calls him a "special player":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...en/01/13/tebow/

Here's one from a special blog dedicated to "obsessive coverage" of the many opinions of Tebow, there's a ton on coaches' opinions of him here, so take your time:

http://www.timteblog.com/2009/09/draft-teb...s-patriots.html

Here's a more extensive analysis from Belichick on why the spread (and in a more rudimentary fasion, the shotgun) creates an advantage, and why it could/will become prominent in the NFL.

http://www.sumag.com/OnlineExclusives/Coll...92/Default.aspx

I'm sure you can google the rest of it from there...

You mustn't want to see it that badly, since it took me all of 30 seconds to find a few links...

Here's one where Belichick calls him a "special player":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...en/01/13/tebow/

Here's one from a special blog dedicated to "obsessive coverage" of the many opinions of Tebow, there's a ton on coaches' opinions of him here, so take your time:

http://www.timteblog.com/2009/09/draft-teb...s-patriots.html

Here's a more extensive analysis from Belichick on why the spread (and in a more rudimentary fasion, the shotgun) creates an advantage, and why it could/will become prominent in the NFL.

http://www.sumag.com/OnlineExclusives/Coll...92/Default.aspx

I'm sure you can google the rest of it from there...

A special player doesn't mean a good QB. tebag probably will be a decent pro as a TE/H-back where he can catch, run, and throw a few passes as a wildcat QB. But there is a mountain of evidence that shows he'll simply never a great NFL QB.

I have no doubt that Belicheat* would find a way to make tebag into a spectacular NFL pro. But it wouldn't be as the main QB of the offense.

You're just BITTER because your GIRLS school LOST to Miami. :lol::lol::lol:

LINK to a RECENT CRITICISM (THIS YEAR) of Tebow.

I think Tebow is arguably the best CFB player ever, but I don't think his skills are going to translate well into the NFL. A team is going to have to take a few years to try and make him into a pro-style quarterback. And all that hinges on whether or not he can improve his accuracy/touch.

I think Tebow is arguably the best CFB player ever, but I don't think his skills are going to translate well into the NFL. A team is going to have to take a few years to try and make him into a pro-style quarterback. And all that hinges on whether or not he can improve his accuracy/touch.

He has a new QB coach that has helped him with his delivery. Watch him Saturday put a BEAT DOWN on Tennessee & you will see. By the time the draft comes there will be no question about his arm.

He has a new QB coach that has helped him with his delivery. Watch him Saturday put a BEAT DOWN on Tennessee & you will see. By the time the draft comes there will be no question about his arm.

his performance today didn't improve my opinion of him. he's lucky crompton sucks so bad as a qb or else florida probably would have lost.

his performance today didn't improve my opinion of him. he's lucky crompton sucks so bad as a qb or else florida probably would have lost.

Tennessee has Monte Kiffen, one of the BEST NFL Defensive Coordinators as their Coordinator. Playing against the Vols Defense is like playing an NFL Defense. They are probably better than at least a few Defenses in the NFL. I agree Tebow did not look very good against them, but he did win the game. A HUGE SEC Game.