Once again local media so wrong

jahbonas

Lets see the WGR coverage was for the Bills organization and football in general

- this years draft - basically told any fan who followed the NFL draft to 'get a life' its not

important - even the ESPN ratings dwarf any Sabres Versus game

-NFL preseason games we are told is a joke and they never watch (even tho its their job),,,maybe

if they watched some games they could have seen the quality play of the young guards

NFL opener - we have Howard Simon saying he hated to watch the game because it was gonna be a blowout

him and Jeremy joked about the local guy saying he would not bad mouth the Bills on the opener. Why???

because in their soul Howard is a JETS fan and Jeremy is a Giants fan who cheered when NORWOODS KICK WENT WIDE RIGHT? Why do we have to listen to their poor opinions over and over...??

Paul Hamilton - the hockey guy they have cover every practice the Bills had went a step further in saying Edwards would not finish the game because he'd be sacked so much...."oh really Paul - nice prediction"....

How did ESPN national guys have it wrong? They naturally got input from the local guys who cover the team and asked for their input....garbage in garbage out....

And these local guys wonder why the Bills organization continues to blow them off....

Did Mike Shoop watch the game? or did he put his wifes panties on and watch a tennis match or a soccer game instead??

I think I had each of those thoughts as well. There is no way on Earth I thought Trent would make it through the game without getting killed.

The draft is a waste of brain space. I can read the recap in the paper and get any info I need.

I, and most hear dreaded the opener fearing another NE blowout.

I couldn't sit all the way through a single preseason game, and by the way, the line (for the few series they played) did not look that great in the preseason.

I don't know the things they were saying seemed pretty reasonable to me.

I think I had each of those thoughts as well. There is no way on Earth I thought Trent would make it through the game without getting killed.

The draft is a waste of brain space. I can read the recap in the paper and get any info I need.

I, and most hear dreaded the opener fearing another NE blowout.

I couldn't sit all the way through a single preseason game, and by the way, the line (for the few series they played) did not look that great in the preseason.

I don't know the things they were saying seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Thanks for your response Paul Hamilton.......preseason matters little...quick questions to offensive line coach you could learn how good they thought the inside 3 were playing...or how much Kyle Willaims has improved to now give Marcus Stroud a partner in crime.......but they NEVER get such info and rely on their own naive personal opinions where none of them have any type of football background.....

Its their job to find someone 'in the know' on the team who watches film to leak to them the true feelings off the record of the strengths and weaknesses of the team......instead they use their own opinion which we find once again is meaningless.....

Also looks like the national press realized not to count on these local bozos either

Whatever Paul Hamilton says, think/expect the opposite.

He is an absolute moron who thinks he is God's gift to sports knowledge.

Jerry Sullivan is still untying the knot in his panties over T.O. not talking to him after the NE game. It's columns like the one Sully wrote Tuesday that make me mad. He sounds like a jilted junior high girl.

PTR

but they NEVER get such info and rely on their own naive personal opinions where none of them have any type of football background.....

Its their job to find someone 'in the know' on the team who watches film to leak to them the true feelings off the record of the strengths and weaknesses of the team......instead they use their own opinion which we find once again is meaningless.....

Also looks like the national press realized not to count on these local bozos either

You do realize that it is talk radio and not a professional scouting service. There are many outlets for the type of information you are looking for, but ratings-based, sports talk radio really isn't it.

I recognize that you want MORE from your local sports talk. But to expect them to be getting leaked information from people inside the team is something people like Peter King and Adam Schefter get, not Schoop and the Bulldog. That's just the way it is.

Jerry Sullivan is still untying the knot in his panties over T.O. not talking to him after the NE game. It's columns like the one Sully wrote Tuesday that make me mad. He sounds like a jilted junior high girl.

PTR

This is dead on. I don't ever remember Sullivan throwing a fit like that column. My sympathy's for TO grow by the day. He truly is damned if he talks and now even damned if he doesn't. What can he possibly do that WON'T get him dragged over the coals?