Remarkable Scheduling Quirk

silvermike

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/9/16/...uffalo-bills-vs

3) The previous eight meetings between these two teams have all taken place in Tampa, meaning that this will be the first-ever visit to Buffalo by the Buccaneers franchise. Think about that; a team that has been around for 33 years has never played a single regular season game in Buffalo. These two teams' last five meetings are after the jump.

Weird.

Not true. I did see them play a pre season game way back. I think it was their second season in the league. Saturday night 6pm game at Rich Stadium. I still have the program somewhere and it had Ricky Bell (RB) on the cover. I guess he was a high round pick back then. They also had Anthony Davis on the team. 77' or 78' I think.

Not true. I did see them play a pre season game way back. I think it was their second season in the league. Saturday night 6pm game at Rich Stadium. I still have the program somewhere and it had Ricky Bell (RB) on the cover. I guess he was a high round pick back then. They also had Anthony Davis on the team. 77' or 78' I think.

According to Relentless, Tampa played Buffalo on Sept 3rd, 1977, Bills won 17-6. It does not say where the game was played, and Google isn't very helpful.

'S probably why the quote from the linked story says, "never played a single regular season game in Buffalo" ...

who were the last two to finally reach Rich Stadium?

Wasn't it Seattle and San Diego?

Seattle (1995), yes, but not San Diego. They played here in 1976. Other than the Bucs, the only team I've never seen live, maybe St. Louis (1986). After that, you're left with the expansion teams and Baltimore -- Ravens didn't make it here until 2007.

Regular season folks....first regular season visit. I went to the last game in Tampa - Game 2 of the JP experiment. What a disaster of a trip that was.

Oh man. I went to that game with my drunken Bucs fan friend. What a horrid game for a Bills fan. It was hot as heck, and we got the Losman/Holcomb two headed monster! Ugh...

This is very interesting. If true, then after Sunday I may be one of only a handful of folks who will have attended both of Tampa's visits to the Ralph. When I was but a wee lad in the mid 70s, i recall my dad taking me to a preseason game against the Bucs. I'm traveling up to the BFLO this weekend for the home opener as well.

Congrats to me on this utterly insignificant accomplishment! :)

I did see them play a pre season game way back. I think it was their second season in the league. Saturday night 6pm game at Rich Stadium. I still have the program somewhere and it had Ricky Bell (RB) on the cover. I guess he was a high round pick back then. They also had Anthony Davis on the team. 77' or 78' I think.

I was at that game also. I specifically remember it because the beer vendor in our section tried to entice sales by yelling "Celebrate the Bills being favored!!!" which I thought was funny at the time.