The Best Part About Monday's Loss

BuffaloBaumer

Assuming these guys can mentally get past that loss (good thing it was week one), they SHOULD have the attitude of being able to hang with anyone on their schedule. If they had won that game, I would have been happy with a 3-0 win over Tampa. Now, I am really banking on them to put a hurting on the Bucs.

For me to FULLY get back into a really good feeling about this team (2:06 to go on Monday), I want to see dominance on Sunday. Then and only then will I feel that this team is heading in the right direction and allow myself to think playoffs.

Sunday might not look like a big test as far as opponents go but it will certainly tell me a lot about their confidence going forward. I wanted nothing more than to see that team come out of the tunnel after a Pats victory but that's the way it crumbles.

BRING IT all day long players and fans alike!!!

I think the best part about Monday's game was BB didn't supply the rest of the league with a defensive blueprint to stop the Bills' "O", like he normally does. The Bucs will now have to decide whether or not they want to take away the screen pass or Evans and Owens. They wont be able to do both. I like our match-ups on the offensive side of the ball.

Worst part: They are all fully aware that they are still a cursed team that will lose in epic fashion.

Cursed is such an odd word to use in a discussion about football. It has the feel of voodoo and other mystical, irrational religious fears. Football is such a rational, heady game. What other team sport features about as much time standing around talking about things, making decisions and communicating as actually playing the game? Its like an on-going committee meeting occurring in the midst of trench warfare. Having watched Buffalo since the first game in old Civic Stadium, I have been tempted to believe those who say the City of Buffalo has been cursed ever since some guy from the Eastside gunned down Pres. McKinley in Delaware Park in 1901. But as the city has had its moments of glory and chapters of pain, so go the Bills. It comes down to pretty obvious mistakes in the bad times and outstanding performance in the great times. I like to believe we are once again moving toward the winning ways and that near upset Monday in New England's house is the first sign of spring.

I'm hoping that the Bills are actually as good as they appeared to be in the game against NE (the first 54 minutes anyway).

But...

there's a gnawing concern that maybe NE is nowhere near as good as they used to be, especially defensively. Let's face it they lost a heck of a lot of talent on defense. Also,Brady was really off the first half, and once he started getting in his groove in the 4th quarter we didn't seem to have the answer. As a result of all that, I can't use the first game as much of a barometer, it's going to take quite a few more games.

I'll stay hopeful, but for some reason, I have a hard time shaking the feeling that things aren't quite as good as they seemed. I don't know why, maybe there's just too much of a history of disappointment..

Cursed is such an odd word to use in a discussion about football. It has the feel of voodoo and other mystical, irrational religious fears. Football is such a rational, heady game. What other team sport features about as much time standing around talking about things, making decisions and communicating as actually playing the game? Its like an on-going committee meeting occurring in the midst of trench warfare. Having watched Buffalo since the first game in old Civic Stadium, I have been tempted to believe those who say the City of Buffalo has been cursed ever since some guy from the Eastside gunned down Pres. McKinley in Delaware Park in 1901. But as the city has had its moments of glory and chapters of pain, so go the Bills. It comes down to pretty obvious mistakes in the bad times and outstanding performance in the great times. I like to believe we are once again moving toward the winning ways and that near upset Monday in New England's house is the first sign of spring.

One word... Soccer. But you do have a very valid point.

Agree, if the Bills can play the Belichick-coached Patriots to near certain victory, there is NO team they can't compete with and defeat. This team should feel good about its direction. Furthermore, this sets up one hell of a rematch at the Ralph later this season!!

I think the best part about Monday's game was BB didn't supply the rest of the league with a defensive blueprint to stop the Bills' "O", like he normally does. The Bucs will now have to decide whether or not they want to take away the screen pass or Evans and Owens. They wont be able to do both. I like our match-ups on the offensive side of the ball.

At what point did BB stop our offense? If I remember correctly the Bills marched down the field and shoved the ball down billibitches throat. They got lucky in the win and they know the better team did not win.

If they had won that game, I would have been happy with a 3-0 win over Tampa. Now, I am really banking on them to put a hurting on the Bucs.

I'd be happy with a 3-2 win. A W is a W is a W.

I just hope our guys don't get over confident and believe the crap about how bad TB is. I admit it. I'm a little nervous. But I think we'll win.

At what point did BB stop our offense? If I remember correctly the Bills marched down the field and shoved the ball down billibitches throat. They got lucky in the win and they know the better team did not win.

The better team DID win.

And read the post you're replying to. You act as if you're arguing, but you're just agreeing with him.

I don't care about this team making the playoffs right now, not at all. I am perfectly OK with this team going 4-12, so long as I get to see those new O-Line guys developing the way they LOOK like they can, I get to watch AVP solidify his position as a OC with more brilliant game planning, watch Trent, Jackson, Lee, and T.O. combine for lotsa big yards, and see Maybin help the Bills pass rush finally get the cobwebs off its gear once and for all. As long as I get to see REAL improvement in the positions we drafted well for the last few years, I'm good.

The fact is, we still don't have the number of real playmakers that a team needs to go far, and frankly, after this many seasons of not making the playoffs, I can wait a bit longer for a team that can do more than just squeak into the postseason and get trounced by a better team in the Wild Card game.

Agreed. I want annihilation. Go for the throat this week and don't let up.

that's great! Would you like to coach our D?? Because that's what it's gonna take in order to really pound someone.

Staying agressive in the second half is a big no no around these parts....