Taser used on 6yo by polıce

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

LINK

CNN Taser story

I personally think that if it is safe and obviously doesn't hurt too badly, it can be very effective. However, this does open up lawsuits by parents on police departments... Good or bad for society in this fashion?

If it were my son and he was ok after, I'd be thankful... but then again, some parents are either money-hungry or way overprotective.

If it were my son and he was ok after, I'd be thankful... but then again, some parents are either money-hungry or way overprotective.

115555[/snapback]

Hopefully, if he's your son, he's not wreacking havoc in the principal's office in the first place.

I think that's what the issue is, not what the police did.

(btw, check out the thread on this on the big board, anything that needs to be said, was)

I once personally witnessed a 9-year old physically fight off three police officers. Had the officers at the time had a Taser, the would have used it...and would have been right to do so.

The fact is, sometimes kids can be dangerous enough to themselves and others that a good, solid tasering is the safest, most effective, most humane route to controlling them. Lord knows the kid I watched would have suffered far less physical harm had he been tasered as opposed to wresteled to the ground and chained by a group of officers...

The kid was prepared to cut himself to ribbons and could have possibly hurt the officer. He had to be stopped and I support the offier's actions.

I just hope that child gets some help - he OBVIOUSLY has a big problem needs help. Without it he'll be cutting up adults for sure some day.

The kid was prepared to cut himself to ribbons and could have possibly hurt the officer.  He had to be stopped and I support the offier's actions.

I just hope that child gets some help - he OBVIOUSLY has a big problem needs help. Without it he'll be cutting up adults for sure some day.

115723[/snapback]

I totally agree.

Wow... 6!

That kid has got to have one serious effed up home life.

Or, he could have an excellent home life and suffer from a mental illness.  Nothing like jumping to conclusions, huh?

115902[/snapback]

Actually, it is very rare for a child to suffer from mental illness. Saving anything blatantly physical like a brain tumor or such, most (I want to say all, but I'd have to check the DSM IV) mental illnesses don't start to present themselves until adolescence at the earliest.