Tipping off the defense

Acantha

Unfortunately, due to my digust, I immediately deleted my recording of the game last night so this isn't going to be as specific as I would like it be, but:

There was a play last night that Edwards lined up, did his audible at the line, and the Pats defense all started shouting, "IT'S A RUN! IT'S A RUN". Sure enough, it was.

This had me thinking:

1. Are the audibles too simplistic? Are defenses going to be figuring them out before the end of the game? What about when we face them a second time?

2. Edwards really should have adjusted the call there.

Did anybody else hear this? If there's already a thread about it, please link me to it. With the hundreds of posts since the game, it's tough to search through.

I mentioned it in a crappy thread i started, but I think every time gunshy Edwards audibled, it checked out of a pass play to a run Play. I picked up on it by the start of the 2nd half. It became obvious and you could also read it in TO's fce when he would get the audible.

What did they gain on the play?

I found it.

3 quarter 1-10-NE 28 (4:21) (No Huddle) 22-F.Jackson left tackle to NE 32 for -4 yards (31-B.Meriweather).

Edwards gets to the line and makes a call, then looks like he audibles out. Someone clearly shouts "it's a run" twice,and you see the LB's scoot up and attack.

EDIT: BTW, this play proves once again that Shouman is a huge liability when blocking.