Middle Linebacker Options

FutureBillsGM

I did some (very little) digging on who is even available that is a middle linebacker. The only name I could find that looks like he would be able to step in and contribute is Chris Draft who was released by St. Louis on Friday after he refused a pay cut. He was lining up as their starter in the middle in preseaon practices but I guess the rookie got the job. He also contributes on special teams. It sounds like he could be a Bills tpye guy. Anyone else out there that has experience at MLB that we might consider at least for depth?

I did some (very little) digging on who is even available that is a middle linebacker. The only name I could find that looks like he would be able to step in and contribute is Chris Draft who was released by St. Louis on Friday after he refused a pay cut. He was lining up as their starter in the middle in preseaon practices but I guess the rookie got the job. He also contributes on special teams. It sounds like he could be a Bills tpye guy. Anyone else out there that has experience at MLB that we might consider at least for depth?

maybe Pat Thomas?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...s-in-lb-market/

I am not saying he is a good option, but it would be funny to see Zack Thomas in a Bills uniform (especially after going through the pain of seeing our Thomas wear their uni for a year).

Zach Thomas is physically done, hardly practiced and did not play at all for the Chiefs.

Are you implying he sucks?

They'll move Ellison to the middle- hey, the guy can't cover but he did have 15 tackles last night, and then they'll start Nic Harris on the outside

Nick Harris should be starting over Ellison because Ellison is way too short to play OLB. Ben Watson just ate him up as did all of the NE receivers. Ellison is stout against the run, but BLOWS in pass coverage.

Nick Harris should be starting over Ellison because Ellison is way too short to play OLB. Ben Watson just ate him up as did all of the NE receivers. Ellison is stout against the run, but BLOWS in pass coverage.

Think stout is a little strong, but did have a good game against the run. He isnt bad in coverage in short zone, but shouldnt be following anybody deep.

Wouldn't mind seeing them pick up Chris Draft. He is not all pro, but is not a bad player.