Easterbrook on the no huddle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep yep, that's the potential problem I see cropping up with the no-huddle. But the focus on TOP is a red herring IMO (unless it's just used as a stand-in for offensive ineffectiveness and inability to sustain drives).

There is some truth to that, that even a team as successful as the Colts loose the time of possession battle more often than not, and they win allot more than they loose when they run it. Would take their record over the year they been doing it over ours any day <_<

But they definitely move the ball and had allot of drives, but they still lost time of possession most of the time, so while they prove that the offense can work, and win allot of games, as same time back up my statements of running no huddle hurts your time of possession, but who would care if we had that kind of record.

The key here is Buffalo's defense needs to get itself off the field on 3rd down.....

If they keep letting the offense convert its going to combine with the fact that we run a no huddle and tire them out.....

Need to keep the ball in the offenses hands.

Exactly.

There is some truth to that, that even a team as successful as the Colts loose the time of possession battle more often than not, and they win allot more than they loose when they run it. Would take their record over the year they been doing it over ours any day <_<

But they definitely move the ball and had allot of drives, but they still lost time of possession most of the time, so while they prove that the offense can work, and win allot of games, as same time back up my statements of running no huddle hurts your time of possession, but who would care if we had that kind of record.

I can buy that that's been the tendency, but I didn't really see it out of the Bills last night. Maybe maintaining the discipline to run plays slowly is difficult to do over the course of a season. But the problems I saw last night do not seem to be related to the Bills running the offense at a noticeably faster pace than the Patriots.