out for several weeks... im guessing 6-8

after the bye...

should we pick up derrick brooks

let buggs start

move mitchell inside

??? what should we do?

at least hes not out for the year....

6-8 weeks would be a very very liberal interpretation of "several"

i doubt they sign anyone, they stilll have 6 lbs on the roster with 3 that can play the middle

mitchell harris buggs....

because buggs isnt that bad and poz's injury will probably only be 8 weeks im guessing they just go nickel 60% and the other 40% start buggs...

buggs will be fine he reminds me of london fletcher

after the bye...

let buggs start

move mitchell inside

??? what should we do?

Are you actually using a message board link as proof that he needs surgery?

:lol: I thought the same thing. This is from Chris Brown's Blog;

Poz has broken bone in arm

Chris Brown

Posted September 15th, 2009

Tags: Chris Kelsay, Paul Posluszny

Dick Jauron confirmed that Paul Posluszny has a broken bone in his arm.

“I know that Paul has a broken bone in his arm,” said Jauron. ”I’m not certain how long it will keep him out, but it’s not as bad as the first one was.”

Posluszny missed the last 13 games of his rookie season after shattering his forearm against New England on the very same field in 2007. No prognosis on Chris Kelsey’s knee injury.

I couldn't find anything at BB.com beyond that.

after the bye...

let buggs start

move mitchell inside

??? what should we do?

Not sure if it means anything, but he did stay in for several plays after the fracture.

It was first injured on the Wes Welker reception at around the 13:00 minute mark of the second quarter. That was the play where Welker lost control of the ball (after he was down) and there was a scramble for the loose ball. Not sure if Poz injured the arm during the diving tackle (I suspect this is where it happened) or during the subsequent scrum when the ball was loose and several players were fighting for possession (it was ruled that Welker was already down by contact).

Poz was holding his left arm immediately after, and again after the next play.

Shortly thereafter, the Bills burned a timeout during a late player substitution. I suspect this was when Poz came to the sidelines to get the arm wrapped. He missed a couple of plays at that point, but came back in afterwards, staying until coming out for good around the 8:00 minute mark of the quarter.

Maybe it's not all that serious, considering he was able to stay in for several plays after the injury.

I'd guess he has a slight fracture to the ulna (or possibly radius bone), and if it's not too severe, he'll rest a few of weeks, get a soft cast, and be back in about 4 weeks, maybe sooner, depending on severity.

I'm not a doctor or orthepoedic surgeon, though I do play one on the internet.

BTW - I haven't seen anything official yet stating that surgery is required, but if it is, I'm there if you need me.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=168751

it says right here he will need surgery but its not a ir injury, im guessing he will be back after the bye...

The issue is that what you are pointing to as a source is speculative information from someone who has no better information than what was released last night (very little). We will not know until tomorrow what the "official" (i.e from the Bills organization and medical staff) situation is.

Based on what was released last night your comment regarding the possible duration of his absence is likely. However, until there is a full medical asessment and possibly the surgery (if required) we will not know how long he is likely to be out.

Not sure if it means anything, but he did stay in for several plays after the fracture.

It was first injured on the Wes Welker reception at around the 13:00 minute mark of the second quarter. That was the play where Welker lost control of the ball (after he was down) and there was a scramble for the loose ball. Not sure if Poz injured the arm during the diving tackle (I suspect this is where it happened) or during the subsequent scrum when the ball was loose and several players were fighting for possession (it was ruled that Welker was already down by contact).

Poz was holding his left arm immediately after, and again after the next play.

Shortly thereafter, the Bills burned a timeout during a late player substitution. I suspect this was when Poz came to the sidelines to get the arm wrapped. He missed a couple of plays at that point, but came back in afterwards, staying until coming out for good around the 8:00 minute mark of the quarter.

Maybe it's not all that serious, considering he was able to stay in for several plays after the injury.

I'd guess he has a slight fracture to the ulna (or possibly radius bone), and if it's not too severe, he'll rest a few of weeks, get a soft cast, and be back in about 4 weeks, maybe sooner, depending on severity.

I'm not a doctor or orthepoedic surgeon, though I do play one on the internet.

BTW - I haven't seen anything official yet stating that surgery is required, but if it is, I'm there if you need me.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? Scalpel please.

From profootball.talk.com:

According to Buffalo head coach Dick Jauron, Bills middle linebacker Paul Posluszny will be down for "several weeks" with a broken left arm. The development puts Buffalo in the market for linebacker help this week.

Posluszny, who lost his rookie season in 2006 to a broken arm suffered at Gillette Stadium, told Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News that this injury isn't as serious because there's only one broken bone in the arm as opposed to two which was the case in 2006.

Posluszny said that he will need surgery but added, "I should definitely be back. From what they told me it's not an I.R. (injured reserve) thing."

The Bills don't have a lot of depth at that spot with young Marcus Buggs or Keith Ellison looking like the guys on the roster who'll replace Posluszny. Ellison was beaten by Benjamin Watson on the game-winning touchdown Monday night.

The Bills could also go after Pat Thomas, a player they released late in training camp who started eight games for the Chiefs in 2008.

The Bills also played the second half against New England without defensive end Chris Kelsay who got leg-whipped by a teammate. There's no word yet on his status for this week.