Moss & Welker had 12 catches EACH

Got_Wood

Are you kidding me? Do we not even realize how good Evans and Owens are??? If you've got players like this on your team, you FIND WAYS TO GET THEM THE BALL. Screens, slants, fades, sh-- we could even pick some of the DB's if they're double covering either one of these guys. It isn't rocket science. Just throw it to them. Fred Jackson played great last night, but he is also our backup running back. Figure it out Trent. AVP, your job's on the line too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? Do we not even realize how good Evans and Owens are??? If you've got players like this on your team, you FIND WAYS TO GET THEM THE BALL. Screens, slants, fades, sh-- we could even pick some of the DB's if they're double covering either one of these guys. It isn't rocket science. Just throw it to them. Fred Jackson played great last night, but he is also our backup running back. Figure it out Trent. AVP, your job's on the line too.

This is a two way street. Have you watched the routes Lee Evans runs? They leave a LOT to be desired. How a guy w/ his speed cannot get open against marginal DBs (I harken back to the Miami game last year) is beyond me.

Evans has some skills, to be sure, but I just don't know if he's an elite wideout @ this point.

T.O. and Lee also dropped a ball each. Both if caught would have been first downs!

Moss and Welker BOTH dropped 2 passes each. This happens every game to guys who get targeted often. But guess what? Brady kept going back to them. And they got results. Why? Because they are playmakers, and YOU GIVE PLAYMAKERS THE BALL.

This is a two way street. Have you watched the routes Lee Evans runs? They leave a LOT to be desired. How a guy w/ his speed cannot get open against marginal DBs (I harken back to the Miami game last year) is beyond me.

Evans has some skills, to be sure, but I just don't know if he's an elite wideout @ this point.

I call BS on this. They keep saying that "they were double covered" each game we play. Guess what, so were Moss and Welker. But the Patriots got them the ball.

Evans is one of the fastest receivers in this game. He can get open if we put him in the right situations.

I'm tired of the excuses.

Moss and Welker BOTH dropped 2 passes each. This happens every game to guys who get targeted often. But guess what? Brady kept going back to them. And they got results. Why? Because they are playmakers, and YOU GIVE PLAYMAKERS THE BALL.

Moss and Welker were not double covered the entire game. Edwards took advantage of the double coverage on Evans and TO by going to the TE's and screens to Jackson.

Also, Brady threw like 50 times, of course they're going to catch that many balls.

Moss and Welker were not double covered the entire game. Edwards took advantage of the double coverage on Evans and TO by going to the TE's and screens to Jackson.

Also, Brady threw like 50 times, of course they're going to catch that many balls.

We need to target Evans and Owens more on every possession. If we don't, then trade all of our receivers because we're not using them.

The screen game is great. But we can't over use it. If we want to win ball games, we give it to the guys that make plays. TO can make BIG plays. And we have all seen Evans beat guys down the field before.

I call BS on this. They keep saying that "they were double covered" each game we play. Guess what, so were Moss and Welker. But the Patriots got them the ball.

Evans is one of the fastest receivers in this game. He can get open if we put him in the right situations.

What excuse? I just don't think Evans is a polished receiver. You mention he's one of the fastest. That may be true, but what does that have to do w/ the ability to get to the open areas of the field, especially when protections break down? NE gets the ball to Moss and Welker 'cause they can find the open areas, and do so often. I mentioned this in my thread on the game: watch how Wes Welker works w/out the ball. The guy works hard to get to an open area for his QB. I cannot say the same for Evans, nor can I blam that inability on the scheme.

I think it is the pass patterns, we need more slanting and crossing patterns. It is easier for a QB to hit crossing routes than deep routes.

I agree that it has something to do with that. And it has a lot to do with Trent as well. I noticed him looking downfield a couple times, and it took to long to develop. We should be able to hit passes downfield on quick 3 step drops and throw. Evans can get 20 yards downfield in no time.

I agree but the announcers were saying that the pats were playing 2 safties deep and had the corners up, essentailly doubling both of them. But get them the ball!!!!

I agree but the announcers were saying that the pats were playing 2 safties deep and had the corners up, essentailly doubling both of them. But get them the ball!!!!

Exactly! So we look at the coverage, and adjust our routes underneath the coverage. TO and Evans need that ball in their hands.

We need to target Evans and Owens more on every possession. If we don't, then trade all of our receivers because we're not using them.

I can't believe TO has signed on to the boards!

But seriously.

if you think we aren't using our recievers, then you really have no idea how jackson had a great game. If you take TO out, jackson's game goes down. TO drew coverage from jackson. Our receivers will be more effective against a lesser team, and TO and Trent will throw to TO more when he and him are more comfortable. If Edwards threw to TO and got an interception, then this board would have really hit the roof.

But seriously.

if you think we aren't using our recievers, then you really have no idea how jackson had a great game. If you take TO out, jackson's game goes down. TO drew coverage from jackson. Our receivers will be more effective against a lesser team, and TO and Trent will throw to TO more when he and him are more comfortable. If Edwards threw to TO and got an interception, then this board would have really hit the roof.

+1

No, they weren't. Moss had man-over coverage ONLY to prevent anything deep, as did Galloway. Of the 24 catches between them, how many were caught IN FRONT of the zone coverage underneath? Yeah, thought so.

24 catches for Moss/Welker and they weren't the difference in the game.

GO BILLS!!!

But seriously.

Guess what? They aren't on this team to be DECOYS. No this isn't fantasy football, and no I don't believe that I could coach this team. But I do know that big time players make big time plays. Bill Belichick knows that. He draws up plays to get Moss and Welker the ball.

And yes, those guys DID help win that game despite not scoring. It's called a drive. They accounted for many first downs that got their offense into the red zone and allowed them to score.

Take the blinders off. Trent had a good game within the game plan. He executed well. But once again their were no passes that stretched out the field. I don't care what NE's coverage was. We get that ball downfield.

That is my opinion. Take it or leave it.