Schobel

Jerry Jabber

Nice to see him rebound and have a great game last night. I have to eat some crow today, since I was bashing Schobel heavily in the offseason.

What I was really impressed with was the hits our D was putting on Brady. It's nice to see consistent pressure on the QB. I didn't like that we went to a prevent defense on the last 2 drives, that was a dumb move on Fewell's part.

We had some decent pressure without much blitzing. whats even better is the fact that our defensive play calling will probably be more exotic and involve more blitzing against the other teams we face this year (minus the saints) because we dont have to account for a 3 and 4-wide spread with a slot receive like welker. it looked like our defense was pretty much in nickel all night with a basic cover 2 (2 deep safetys with the corners and lbs each playing a shallow zone), thats why they found so many holes in the space between the lbs/corners and the safeties. hopefully we can man up better going forward and add some more pressure and force some turnovers