What if they ARE right?

The Big Cat

Across the board, the experts have been gushing about New England* representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

We should have beaten New England* (in Foxboro), without much of an offensive showing, and without our first-round RB/LB's.

What does that say about The Bills? How bout those twits who predicted we go 0-16, 1-15, etc.?

We should have beaten a contender, a team championed by the conventional wisdom.

Do we really expect to lose to Tampa or The Saints?

No.

2-1, here we come.

What "first round LBs"?

NE's defense seemed pretty sieve-like tonight. It was almost as if they'd never seen a screen before tonight's game. If they don't get their defense shored up, I highly doubt they'll make it out of the AFC.

The Bills should beat TB, as they're not a very good team. I'm having a hard time envisioning the Bills' D slowing down Drew Brees and the Saints' offense, though

What "first round LBs"?

NE's defense seemed pretty sieve-like tonight. It was almost as if they'd never seen a screen before tonight's game. If they don't get their defense shored up, I highly doubt they'll make it out of the AFC.

The Bills should beat TB, as they're not a very good team. I'm having a hard time envisioning the Bills' D slowing down Drew Brees and the Saints' offense, though

I meant Marshawn and Poz. I count Poz as a first rounder, though he was a traded-for early second rounder.

Tampa should be a push over.

The Saints don't get to play Detroit every week.

Guest dog14787
Across the board, the experts have been gushing about New England* representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

We should have beaten New England* (in Foxboro), without much of an offensive showing, and without our first-round RB/LB's.

What does that say about The Bills? How bout those twits who predicted we go 0-16, 1-15, etc.?

We should have beaten a contender, a team championed by the conventional wisdom.

No.

2-1, here we come.

That's what I'm talking about Big Cat :rolleyes:

No.

2-1, here we come.

I absolutely expect the Bills to lose to the Saints. And the Bucs game could go either way. Your 2-1-0 expectation may very well become an 0-3-0 nightmare. The Perry Fewell no blitzing all zone defense will continue to stay on the field 3rd down after 3rd down, and by the third or fourth game these talented kids will feel like they've already played about 10 freakin' games. Please don't think Brady is the only QB in the NFL who can find an open receiver on third down with all day to sit back in the pocket. Someone has to convince Perry to blitz on third down, or the Bills will set the record for yards allowed in a 16 game season. On first and second down, the defense looks fearsome. But this is not Canadian football.

If the crowd is fired-up, as they should be, it will help disrupt the Saints' offense. The problem is with whom do they replace Poz?

You would hope the Bills would go out and sign someone...I'm still on the Derrick Brooks bandwagon, I don't care what anyone says. If Poz is out for an extended period of time (but not a season ending one), why not bring in Brooks as a month or two replacement? At the very worst, we sub in Buggs and keep Brooks as a backup...at the very best, he brings veteran leadership and expertise to a Defense that is lacking it.

And come on...don't you think he'd LOVE to get a crack at Tampa Bay this weekend in his first game back?

It just makes too much sense...which is why the Bills probably won't do it.

No.

2-1, here we come.

One thing I think anyone can take away from that game concerning The Pats is IF you get pressure on Brady he's going to struggle...He most definitely seemed out-of-sync in the 1st Half especially...I don't think it was rust as much as his fear of taking a hit to the knee...I think that will continue throughout this Season...

I did not come away from that Game overly impressed with The Pats...After that performance I want to see what they look like vs. The Jets because if they play that way at NY they will lose...I guarantee that much...We'll see how they fair on Sunday...Then we'll know a heck of a lot more about The Pats...

And as for those twits who said 0-16 or 1-15...The Bills are 0-1 right now...How exactly are they wrong thusfar? Just saying... :pirate:

No.

2-1, here we come.

What he said! :pirate:

One thing I think anyone can take away from that game concerning The Pats is IF you get pressure on Brady he's going to struggle...He most definitely seemed out-of-sync in the 1st Half especially...I don't think it was rust as much as his fear of taking a hit to the knee...I think that will continue throughout this Season...

I did not come away from that Game overly impressed with The Pats...After that performance I want to see what they look like vs. The Jets because if they play that way at NY they will lose...I guarantee that much...We'll see how they fair on Sunday...Then we'll know a heck of a lot more about The Pats...

And as for those twits who said 0-16 or 1-15...The Bills are 0-1 right now...How exactly are they wrong thusfar? Just saying... :pirate:

So, I guess if they had won last night then you would be expecting them to go undefeated?

No.

2-1, here we come.

I agree.

The only losers are those who look at last nights game as a bad thing.

This is the first time in the past decade where a Bills team really stood toe-to-toe with the Patsies and deserved to be on the field.

Brady can whine all he wants to about not playing their game- but that is not true as they got beat by the Bills last night.

No.

2-1, here we come.

Last time I checked, how close a loss was is not material in rankings or the record. Bills looked good at times but the Pats were sloppy until they had to be good, at which time our guys piled up a number of mistakes.

The fumble: I am convinced the better coaches would have had 2 reliable vetrans reciving that last kickoff, not a 2nd year guy that is always trying to make the big play. Nothing Against McKelvin, he was not situationally aware- that was the coaches job.

TDs: Watson deep over the middle TWICE for a TD. It was the same play.

Positive on trent- threw accuratley and deeper than in the past, few checkdowns.

Biggest new concern: Special teams were not as dominant as they have been in years past, I hope it was a fluke and we can count on them to step it up in the future.

I am not swayed from my 6-10 prediction just yet.

You would hope the Bills would go out and sign someone...I'm still on the Derrick Brooks bandwagon, I don't care what anyone says. If Poz is out for an extended period of time (but not a season ending one), why not bring in Brooks as a month or two replacement? At the very worst, we sub in Buggs and keep Brooks as a backup...at the very best, he brings veteran leadership and expertise to a Defense that is lacking it.

And come on...don't you think he'd LOVE to get a crack at Tampa Bay this weekend in his first game back?

It just makes too much sense...which is why the Bills probably won't do it.

Brooks is talking to Chicago. He has a relationship with Lovie Smith, makes more sense for him to sign there.

No.

2-1, here we come.

Shoulda woulda coulda,... didn't.

Until they learn how to win those games, all they've shown me is that still know how to lose them.

The fumble: I am convinced the better coaches would have had 2 reliable vetrans reciving that last kickoff, not a 2nd year guy that is always trying to make the big play. Nothing Against McKelvin, he was not situationally aware- that was the coaches job.

Hindsight is always 20-20. Shoulda-coulda-woulda. This is all on McKelvin. Sorry, you can't blame Jauron. McKelvin is your best kick returner. The Bills are just cursed.

Boy I Love LoSing!

PTR

No.

2-1, here we come.

I dont think we can put enough points up to beat the saints, but I am confident we will beat the Bucs