Stop Blaming McKelvin

stevestojan

You note the part about the drops, right?

They started driving at will when they stopped dropping them.

13 points through 57 minutes is "driving at will"? Stopping the other team from scoring is what defense does and the BILLS did a pretty good job of that despite losing two starters for a good portion of the game and dealing with significant holding and a couple of horrible calls.

But keep up the Chicken Little act.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing people should like about the decision was that it was aggressive instead of in the past, sitting on the ball, running three straight running plays with the Pats getting the ball at their 40 with 1:45 to play. Instead he made a play to try and win it....you never win playing scared. He did not have a good game but the mentality is what they need. He played to win. He didn't play scared he played to win.

You don't get it, when fans want aggressive, they complain the teams too conservative. When they want Conservative, the team is too aggressive. McKelvin in his first year was the top Kick returner in the league last year, one bad game and fans want him run out of town along with the coaching staff. If the Bills were blown out, we would all be reading the same whining about how bad they are and how everyone needs to be fired

You don't get it, when fans want aggressive, they complain the teams too conservative. When they want Conservative, the team is too aggressive. McKelvin in his first year was the top Kick returner in the league last year, one bad game and fans want him run out of town along with the coaching staff. If the Bills were blown out, we would all be reading the same whining about how bad they are and how everyone needs to be fired

Except McKelvin because in blowouts he usually has a stellar return of either an interception or kick.

Except McKelvin because in blowouts he usually has a stellar return of either an interception or kick.

EXACTLY to you and apuszczalowski!

The kid is dumber that my shoe, but he did was he was born to do.

The fact that the ball came out on this specific run back is just the curse of this team. I'm convinced.

Ooh! ooh! Mr Kotter! Oooh!

The Moss drag patterns they completed all game, and the Welker stop-drags, were specifically designed by the Pats* coaches to defeat the defense they knew the Bills would be running. What did they end up with, Moss 13 catches, Welker 12? That shows the Bills coaches were unable or unwilling toadjust. The Pats* had the comfort zone of running one or the other for an automatic 4 or 5 yards whenever they needed. If not for the early drops on those patterns, this game doesn't come down to the last minute.

Much too logical for this evening. Agree and congrats!

Much too logical for this evening. Agree and congrats!

Except it's not logical at all when you're winning the damn game with 5 minutes to go by 2 scores.

There isn't a single person on this board who wouldn't have taken the BILLS needing a FG to win this game with 50 seconds to go and 2 time outs and that's exactly what we had despite the killer turnover.

But keep up the Chicken Little act.

What in the hell are you talking about?

I was asked for a specific example of where the Bills were outcoached, that's it. They had play that were obviously designed for the game, and that's all there is to it.

Would if help if I said there was no one single decision I saw from Jauron today that directly helped the Bills lose? Because most games, I can't say that.

Except it's not logical at all when you're winning the damn game with 5 minutes to go by 2 scores.

There isn't a single person on this board who wouldn't have taken the BILLS needing a FG to win this game with 50 seconds to go and 2 time outs and that's exactly what we had despite the killer turnover.

If they can play like this for the rest of the year they just might have a winning record.

I was impressed with the way the entire team played. If not for LMs brain fart they could have won.

13 points through 57 minutes is "driving at will"? Stopping the other team from scoring is what defense does and the BILLS did a pretty good job of that despite losing two starters for a good portion of the game and dealing with significant holding and a couple of horrible calls.

The Pats did drive up and down the field converting 3rd down after 3rd down. Sure, they didn't finish with TDs most of the time but those long drives take their toll on a defense. Those drives wore down the D which directly led to the late scores Imo.

Solely clock management... The ran out of time outs or they would have made it into FG range... I have no doubt. Didn't they chew up a TO earlier in the half? Didn' they then burn the other two with about 10 seconds of each other?

Again... Double barrel... Bad things happened and they didn't cover their ass with good clock management... They had a shot.

Garbage in is garbage out... Everything starts at home with good planning!

They actually made the 4th and 20! and were in a 50ish range for a FG... The clock expired.

Everything snowballs folks and I just don't see DJ preaching this from the rooftops!!!