Hate to be optimistic right now

Erik

These guys are going to be players in this league...very good players. Great showing in their first pro games against a tough interior line. Bell is very rough around the edges but he shows flashes. Need to knock off the mental mistakes.

And Hangartner didn't look too bad either. I really am not being sarcastic when I say I have a hard time being optimistic now because I seriously am. All I heard today was about how much of a joke our offensive line was...well they didn't play like a joke tonight. I saw more fire on that line than I have in years.

These guys are going to be players in this league...very good players. Great showing in their first pro games against a tough interior line. Bell is very rough around the edges but he shows flashes. Need to knock off the mental mistakes.

And Hangartner didn't look too bad either. I really am not being sarcastic when I say I have a hard time being optimistic now because I seriously am. All I heard today was about how much of a joke our offensive line was...well they didn't play like a joke tonight. I saw more fire on that line than I have in years.

optimism = losers. pessimism = winners.

Word! I'm feeling incredible pain at the moment (for too many times in a row with these prime time heartbreaks), but no choice but to try to move forward with the positives.

I already predicted before the game that many people will consider this one of the better lines in the NFL by the end of the year...these guys clearly have talent. Many times the interior of the line was manhandling Patriot players...

Now imagine Oher at LoT. Oh, what could have been.

I realize Peters being traded garnered the other first which brought Wood, but Bell looks completely lost out there. They've put him in far before he was ready because the brain-dead trust wanted to show they could replace Peters.

Having good guards at a low price is great. But I'd rather have an excellent LT and another G. Then again, Buffalo knows better than us silly fans.

I realize Peters being traded garnered the other first which brought Wood, but Bell looks completely lost out there. They've put him in far before he was ready because the brain-dead trust wanted to show they could replace Peters.

Having good guards at a low price is great. But I'd rather have an excellent LT and another G. Then again, Buffalo knows better than us silly fans.

I think the most annoying thing is we could have had all 3 of them if we'd picked Oher at 11 instead of Maybin. Who knows, perhaps Maybin becomes a stud rusher but I know Oher is going to be a great LT.

Now imagine Oher at LoT. Oh, what could have been.

I was on the Oher train myself but I agree with the original poster about Bell.....he looked pretty raw and made some pretty dumb errors but I still think he's got a ton of promise at LT. If they avoid injury, I think it will only be a few more weeks before this group really gells and shows what its capable of.....the whole line is really athletic. I hope anyways, they looked like a completely different group than in the preseason.

I think the most annoying thing is we could have had all 3 of them if we'd picked Oher at 11 instead of Maybin. Who knows, perhaps Maybin becomes a stud rusher but I know Oher is going to be a great LT.

Maybin seemed to be running around Light a lot tonight. We all knew he wasn't going to rack up 8+ sacks this season.

Oher was the more NFL ready player, but I think Buffalo didn't want to repeat their practice of drafting someone to replace a departed UFA or in this case, a traded high dollar player. The pride and stubbornness in the front office is overwhelming. They know what's right all the time. :censored: