Play calling madness ?

CosmicBills

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, I searched and didn't find anything ...

But while driving around listening to the pre-grame show DJ said that the way the plays will be called today is that AVP will be in the booth and make the call to Fitz who then will relay it to Trent.

Is it just me or does this seem like they're adding a middle man for no apparent reason. Fitz can wear a headset and hear the calls and stay involved in the game, but why does he need to relay the call? It seems like a recipe for disaster.

I'm sure other teams do it that way too ... but isn't it making it unnecessarily complicated? Especially when you just installed a brand new OC and the backup QB is himself NEW to the team and has admitted he had a difficult time digesting the playbook?

Where's the logic?

What makes it so much more complicated? AVP makes the call, gives it to Fitz, who relays it to Trent. Unless Fitz is deaf or really horrible at "telephone," it's not a big deal other than it probably subtracts a couple seconds from the play clock (which isn't a big deal with the no-huddle). I think it could possibly be a pre-emptive strike should say, the headsets somehow cut-out during the game, and a call needs to be relayed to Trent.