Have to take the cat to the vet in 1 hour.

mead107

:wallbash: Cancer, found it 7 weeks ago nothing they could do because of the feline leukemia . We adopted him just before super bowl. He was a rescue cat from the streets of Albany.

They put a powerful sedative in first. Be sure to go in with the cat, and hold it in your arms. You owe that kindness to it and yourself - it will doze off in comfort and peace and your eyes will share a loving last look.

It's always tough burying a family member. Do yourself and the world a favor and get another one as soon as you can. Some deserving animal is spending its last night in a shelter when it could be living a nice comfortable life with your loving family.

You owe that to your lost loved one.

It's always tough burying a family member. Do yourself and the world a favor and get another one as soon as you can. Some deserving animal is spending its last night in a shelter when it could be living a nice comfortable life with your loving family.

:wallbash:

Agree 100%. I know it can sound shallow when thinking about "replacing" your pet. But my oldest dog (I have 2, the oldest, Presley, is 4) was an adoption from the SPCA. Once we finished the paperwork, the girl told us it was her last day before being "put down".

You're not replacing you're friend, your honoring its memory by saving another life. If its just too much, I can understand, but I agree with Darin, for what it's worth.

But its completely up to you, and whenever you're ready.

Thoughts are with you.

Thanks all.

I did not think that this cat would be as hard as the last one to let go seeing that we had him a short time. Just as bad . We have one other cat that has the feline leukemia. At some point we will get her another companion.