Brett Favre - Every Pundit Is Crowing Over His First Win

Steely Dan

Favre's numbers;

14/21 110 yards 1 TD. Without AP the Vikings probably would have lost.

I disagree. He did as he was asked to do which shows me his willingness to be a team player and not have it be about him. That said, who knows what would have happened without AD? Maybe he puts up 400 and 5 TD's?

Bottom line, there are folks that just don't like Favre and that is fine, but give the man credit where it's due.

I guess you've never heard the word "every" used in a different context other than it's literal meaning. I.E. Every friggin day it's the same thing, Every time I go to do something etc. etc. :D

Only from the hyperbolic who can't come up with anything original instead. :doh:

He also didn't do the things that hurt his team sometimes.

I hope he can stay that patient all year.

I can't disagree. He is used to throwing say 35 times a game which he won't do with the Vikings, so he has to get used to that. I feel the OL didn't protect as well as they should have but it is just the first game of the season. I think he will do fine and the Vikes contend for the superbowl this year.

I disagree. He did as he was asked to do which shows me his willingness to be a team player and not have it be about him. That said, who knows what would have happened without AD? Maybe he puts up 400 and 5 TD's?

Bottom line, there are folks that just don't like Favre and that is fine, but give the man credit where it's due.

Good post. There are some people on this board that hate Favre, & went on & on about how he was washed up when the Vikings signed him. They have to eat crow when he plays well so of course they will not give him credit for anything.

I'm waiting for ANY, not "every."

Here's one: Adrian Peterson assists Brett Favre in win

Great article! That's my point.

Did you read my explanation of "every" above.

Without AP, Favre probably would have had better numbers. With AP, the Vikes have almost no reason to throw the ball.

From Lori's link;

Brett Favre competed 14 passes on 21 attempts and was sacked four times. Only four of those passes went six or more yards in the air, which allowed the Vikings (Featuring Brett Favre) to run Peterson more and more often.