So Why Levitre and Wood?

DIE HARD 1967

Buffalo's offensive line of 2008 was a completely unable to pull guards on running plays, fat and unmobile and that is why we moved in a different dirrection

If I guess correctly and I ussually do, look for a pulling guard offense with the running game.

Both of these guys can pull and run effectively!

Just my opinion, but yes THIS IS my prediction for Monday nights mystery Offense by the Bills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwc8OR0NCk

WE WILL SEE!

Buffalo's offensive line of 2008 was a completely unable to pull guards on running plays, fat and unmobile and that is why we moved in a different dirrection

If I guess correctly and I ussually do, look for a pulling guard offense with the running game.

Both of these guys can run and pull effectively

This is the best way to use Rookie guards and puliing the guards takes pressure of the Left Offensive tackle

Just my opinion!

Your opinion is that you usually guess correctly?

The line was originally built to be a power run team in 07-08. Biggest in the NFL we were told early and often. Contrast this with teams that use a zone blocking scheme, which is what Buffalo said they weren't. Of course they weren't, they had too much size to move. Rarely do you see the Bills run between the tackles, although some of this may be a RB decision.

Lynch's strength lies in running between the tackles. I think Wood will be capable of handling most DT's and will only improve. Levitre may not hold up at the point of attack. And I see them running behind Wood more than any other lineman.

Both of these guys can run and pull effectively

This is the best way to use Rookie guards.

Just my opinion!

Pretty good opinion. :huh:

I have to add into the equation the Bills "budgetary" thinking. Wood and Levitre were drafted in the first and second rounds respectively , and were paid very good money considering the fact they are rookies. I don't think any other team in the NFL watches their bottom line closer then the Bills. Why do you think a proven classy experienced veteran running back who ran for over 100 yards in the Super Bowl just three years ago like Rhodes was cut despite the fact Lynch is still slated to miss the first three games of the season. Money. Somehow Rhodes became less valuable as Brandon and Wilson thought about the money they signed him for. And as if Langston Walker wouldn't be a valuable back up left tackle behind the new kid, or could not have been moved back to his starting right tackle spot that he manned pretty well all of last season after Peters showed up. Money. Somehow he became way expensive to keep on the team at all. :flirt:;) So what happens now if one of the young tackles on the line gets injured, and/or Jackson or Omon go down tomorrow night? Will Russ and Ralph still be happy about the money they saved cutting Rhodes and Walker then?? :wallbash:

Your opinion is that you usually guess correctly?

The line was originally built to be a power run team in 07-08. Biggest in the NFL we were told early and often. Contrast this with teams that use a zone blocking scheme, which is what Buffalo said they weren't. Of course they weren't, they had too much size to move. Rarely do you see the Bills run between the tackles, although some of this may be a RB decision.

Lynch's strength lies in running between the tackles. I think Wood will be capable of handling most DT's and will only improve. Levitre may not hold up at the point of attack. And I see them running behind Wood more than any other lineman.

We will see, but I did notice at draft time that both these guys can pull effectively and Buffalo never tried this is preseason, seems suspicious to me, And Freddy Jackson has speed to the outside.

Pretty good opinion. :huh:

I have to add into the equation the Bills "budgetary" thinking. Wood and Levitre were drafted in the first and second rounds respectively , and were paid very good money considering the fact they are rookies. I don't think any other team in the NFL watches their bottom line closer then the Bills. Why do you think a proven classy experienced veteran running back who ran for over 100 yards in the Super Bowl just three years ago like Rhodes was cut despite the fact Lynch is still slated to miss the first three games of the season. Money. Somehow Rhodes became less valuable as Brandon and Wilson thought about the money they signed him for. And as if Langston Walker wouldn't be a valuable back up left tackle behind the new kid, or could not have been moved back to his starting right tackle spot that he manned pretty well all of last season after Peters showed up. Money. Somehow he became way expensive to keep on the team at all. :flirt:;) So what happens now if one of the young tackles on the line gets injured, and/or Jackson or Omon go down tomorrow night? Will Russ and Ralph still be happy about the money they saved cutting Rhodes and Walker then?? :wallbash:

You took a pretty good post and turned it in to a Ralph is cheap post. :wallbash:

The Bills are starting them for the marketing potential. Just imagine this commercial:

Wood is in his home, wearing a Bills jersey (money for the team!). He's having dinner with a lovely woman. After they finish eating, she seductively motions for him to follow her up the stairs to the bedroom.

On the way up the stiars, Wood trips and falls to the base of the stairs. The woman looks on in horror!

Then Levitre (also in his Bills jersey!) walks up to Wood, offers his hand, and pulls him up. Wood thanks him, and goes up the stairs to embrace the woman. Fade to black.

The voiceover guy says, "If Wood can't get up, Levitre will help."

:flirt:

The Bills are starting them for the marketing potential. Just imagine this commercial:

Wood is in his home, wearing a Bills jersey (money for the team!). He's having dinner with a lovely woman. After they finish eating, she seductively motions for him to follow her up the stairs to the bedroom.

On the way up the stiars, Wood trips and falls to the base of the stairs. The woman looks on in horror!

Then Levitre (also in his Bills jersey!) walks up to Wood, offers his hand, and pulls him up. Wood thanks him, and goes up the stairs to embrace the woman. Fade to black.

The voiceover guy says, "If Wood can't get up, Levitre will help."

;)

NICE!!! :flirt:

I'm cautiously optimistic that Russ knows what he's going. Cleaning out the dead weight and building the team the right way - the o-line and d-line. Picking Wood, Levitre, & Maybin to start the draft. We're developing Bell too. He also went out and got Stroud, which immediately took our D to another level (though obviously not the highest level). I think we all know by now that the game is won and lost in the trenches, and we are starting to build our team that way. It's enough that I'm willing to accept a bad record this year, if we continue to build this way.

i agree that they drafted levitre and wood for their athletecism. I believe that's why they dropped walker too. he was sucking wind big time during the preseason due to all the no huddle. It's too bad this team has taken so long to draft lineman as a priority...especially considering the manage the game mentality of the head coach.